Magneto Speed

martyj

Anyone ever try the Sporter version of these and will they work on a Bull barrel
Thanks marty

Cant stand it because it changes point of impact..it is reliable for accurate speeds

You are not supposed to zero with it on. I don't care if it changes POI. It won't change group size. Use it for its intended purpose, velocity readings. Once you find a load with the velocity and grouping you like then zero without it.

Yes it will be fine. It does not do well with smaller contour barrels. I have a Rem700 mountain rifle that I cannot keep it tight on. But with some adjustments between shots it does ok. Magneto speed chrono's are great all around.

I agree, it can slightly change poi but it doesnt seem to affect the size of the group for me. Which is surprising since I thought it would change the harmonics but it diesnt seem to do so on my rifles.

You are not supposed to zero with it on. I don't care if it changes POI. It won't change group size. Use it for its intended purpose, velocity readings. Once you find a load with the velocity and grouping you like then zero without it.

.................What he said

"Use it for its intended purpose, velocity readings. Once you find a load with the velocity and grouping you like then zero without it"

Now there's a fella who knows how to use his equipment. Well put, Hoyt.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts