1st or 2nd gen magneto speed

Strapping it on the barrel does not effect group size, but it can affect (POI)point of impact, depending on barrel contour. The thinnest barrel use is light varmint. The Wiser Precision mount removes this issue, if it's a concern. I use them for the quick on/off mounting Pictinny and ARCA.

Well thanks Guys, I will first sight in then try a long standing load with that rifle and see. Santa was very nice to me, my wife put a bug in his ear and delivered a VX 6 HD 4 X 24 X 52 for Christmas and the V3 as well.

While working up a load for my Rem 700 300 WM recently rebarreled with a 26" Hart fluted barrel, it actually tightened my groups when I put it on.
Probably the biggest advantage to a LabRadar is nothing on the muzzle to affect it either way.
Im finding for as great as it is not having to set up equipment in front of the muzzle/firing line, (Ive used a optical Chrony for the last 25 years) , While bench shooting, I like to know the velocity of every shot I take so I do see a LabRadar in my very near future. Not saying the Magnetospeed isnt a great Chrony but I like the ability to shoot groups while getting velocities. Kinda wish I would've done the "buy once, cry once" on that particular acquisition.Just my 2 cents...
I've been back and forth... same thing. Pricy but a one time but?!

I have the pricy one and it works great BUT it's a ROYAL PIA to set up and use.

Wish I never bought it and had stuck with my Chrony.

Beginning to think in some way or another depending on amount of aggravation or coin one wants to spend it is damned if you do damned if you don't. Sarcasticly speaking of course. Well sort of :)

Grandhunter, like any tool if you don't use it correctly, it can cause problems. If you hold a simple screwdriver wrong, it will strip a screw head. The V3 works great and is accurate. Of course it will affect your group size and POI because it changes the harmonics of your barrel by adding weight just like a muzzle break, suppressor, barrel tuners, etc. will affect group size and POI most of the time (there are always exceptions). I use the WISE Precision Mount which is very easy to attach to your rifle and will not affect POI or group size as it doesn't touch your barrel. It mounts on the rifle stock forend not the barrel. Only pain is that a pistol doesn't have a stock and you'll need a picatinny or ARCA mounted to replace the sling stud on the forend to use the WISE mount if my memory is correct.

Wiser Precision Chrono Mount

Last edited:
Hi all I have the sporter model it does change poi and mine won't connect to my galaxy s20 phone with the XFR app I still like it though

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.