Made in the USA important to you?

Ever try and talk on an AMRICAN phone, watch an AMERICAN TV, listen to an AMERICAN radio, or get online with an AMERIAN puter??
I just replaced my 26 year old Whirlpool washer with a still made in America Whirlpool washer. Amazing. I still have a made in America Sylvania tv that's 40 years old ! Works fine. Remote crapped out but that was easy fix. All the companies that farm out their work to China and third world counties for a higher profit should be taxed and tarriffed to get them back to U.S. and start some competition and create jobs here.

I try to go USA first, but at the end of the day I have to go with performance, value and warranty. Many US products are solid and superior, many are not. USA has the best engineering and mfrg capability of any competitor, really no excuse for not consistently being the best. That said, they often compromise on quality, and performance for the bottom line. I get that, but best performance and best value get my $$$.

I am a union power lineman. If your my age early 40s and u go to your grand parents and look at all the little stuff it was all made in the USA with quality to last a long time. I try to my by from the usa but the qualitly has to be there first. I don't mind paying for it either . That is why I bought a speed queen washer and dryer.

I am a union power lineman. If your my age early 40s and u go to your grand parents and look at all the little stuff it was all made in the USA with quality to last a long time. I try to my by from the usa but the qualitly has to be there first. I don't mind paying for it either . That is why I bought a speed queen washer and dryer.
I was an AT&T lineman up until 5 months ago. I agree with you 100%. I can relate to the grandparent's things also.

I have found myself over the last couple years putting heavy emphasis on whether or not something is made in the US when making a decision to purchase something, especially firearms related. Its why I went with a versamax over an SBE 2 a few years ago. The most recent example was going with a VX6HD over an NX8 (made in Japan). I am not perfect at it and I also want something of quality and reliable. I didn't use to care and never even considered the country of origin, I am now in my late 30's and somewhere along the way it started to matter to me. Just curious if any of you out there take that into consideration when making purchases?
I always try to buy USA in everything including vehicles, (but not in superbikes).

I'm european and I only own American guns and it's not because they are made in the US or are better than the European stuff, but it's simply a lot of gun for the money and parts are easily available because the US market is huge.
When I buy stuff I general don't consider country of origin, but that the trade feels fair. I won't buy a Chinese copy even if it's just 10% of the price of the original. I'm also willing to pay a higher price for something if it's made in a high cost country simply because I live in one myself no matter if it's Japan, Germany or the US

I was working in Helsinki in '98 and they absolutely hated buying so many Asian products back then. So glad to see Tikka stand out.

For me, quality trumps most everything else. I look at where a product is made quite often before I buy it. That said, I'd buy a product from overseas before I bought products made in certain places in the US if I have a choice. Japan beats California, Illinois, and most east coast big cities in my book. Just because it's an American made product doesn't give it a pass for sub par quality. That's why I haven't bought a Remington in forever, and I'll never own a harley. Same with "veteran owned" companies. You better be selling a quality, thought out product, not relying on your veteran status to get my business. I'll take a quality product, from anywhere. That said, if I can buy a product made in the intermountain west I really try to.

I have found myself over the last couple years putting heavy emphasis on whether or not something is made in the US when making a decision to purchase something, especially firearms related. Its why I went with a versamax over an SBE 2 a few years ago. The most recent example was going with a VX6HD over an NX8 (made in Japan). I am not perfect at it and I also want something of quality and reliable. I didn't use to care and never even considered the country of origin, I am now in my late 30's and somewhere along the way it started to matter to me. Just curious if any of you out there take that into consideration when making purchases?
It's very important to me.

Products that state the company address on a label is one thing, but where was the product made. I wonder if the bar code has that info. If you know how to read the bar code.

With me I go for the best quality no matter what country of origin. I have tried buying all American. let's face it there are some things that we Americans make that can not hold a candle to Germans, Japanese, and some other European nations. These things are very few. I like German and European optics. Japanese used to be a really bad thing. now Japanese optics are just about the same quality as Ziess, Swarovski, IOR Valdada, Leupold, Schmidt & Bender. honestly there are times when I just do not care whose brand I buy; I want quality. I want a set of options not found in any other scope but say a NightForce or a S&B, or Swarovski. My tools I do try to buy only made in America. I have a set of Pliers made in Englnd as the UK is the only place to get these pliers. The only place that I deviate from buying all American is optics. At that I buy what I can afford with the options I want. if that is an American scope, then I buy American.. if it is a European scope then I buy European. I only own 4 European rifles, all Sakos. I own so many more Winchesters, Marlins, Remingtons, and Rugers. Made in America is important but not the most important thing to me. Quality is the most important thing to me..

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.