The Most Destructive Force in the Western USA.

When I go to a fresh town early in the season, the 17WSM comes outā€¦ especially if it is calm. The sheer volume of shooting would melt anything else. I couldn't touch that 17WSM barrel with a bare hand most of the day.

I was out there for about 8 hoursā€¦ or about 500 minutes. 234 confirmed kills on top of at least 60 that didn't get anchored on the spot. Suffice it to say, a centerfire would have tore out a barrel with that kind of firing schedule, no matter the chambering. Then lets not forget, a 17WSM at the distances I was shootingā€¦ I didn't hit every shot. I probably missed 10-15% of the shots past 225ydsā€¦ and probably 50-60% past 300. It was basically empty a mag, then fill it again, then empty itā€¦ all day long. lol

Such a fun day with such amazing weather. Wind didn't break 10mph but for a few minutes a few times. Mostly it was 3-5mph all dayā€¦ which is rare here.

Future videos will feature much more centerfire action.

Oh for sure I can see how a rimfire like yours would have its place, especially if the goal is eridication vs just long range plinking. That definitely tips the scales in rimfire favor.

I almost commented before... You either had calm day or were in line with the wind? I haven't been to SD, but I was under the impression that there is wind 24/7 šŸ˜…

I just thought I'd see a lot more hold off.

Looks like so much fun!

When I go to a fresh town early in the season, the 17WSM comes outā€¦ especially if it is calm. The sheer volume of shooting would melt anything else. I couldn't touch that 17WSM barrel with a bare hand most of the day.

I was out there for about 8 hoursā€¦ or about 500 minutes. 234 confirmed kills on top of at least 60 that didn't get anchored on the spot. Suffice it to say, a centerfire would have tore out a barrel with that kind of firing schedule, no matter the chambering. Then lets not forget, a 17WSM at the distances I was shootingā€¦ I didn't hit every shot. I probably missed 10-15% of the shots past 225ydsā€¦ and probably 50-60% past 300. It was basically empty a mag, then fill it again, then empty itā€¦ all day long. lol

Such a fun day with such amazing weather. Wind didn't break 10mph but for a few minutes a few times. Mostly it was 3-5mph all dayā€¦ which is rare here.

You need a referee with a whistle to call time out for you! Great video and thanks for sharing.

Cool video. I remember right out of college I went to spray in TX panhandle and I bought a custom 22-250. Not too long after purchasing that custom, I found 1 place I hit every 2-3 weeks that I could just drive in pickup on one side of fence for 2 miles and then back on other side. It would take about 4 hr and each gun would shoot 750-1000 rounds at 10 yds to 80-90yds with a ruger 10/22 topped with a 4x bushnell spoertview. Almost to the round the crosshairs broke out at every 10k rounds. Two years ago I was flying in the general area again and had a solid half section of dogs to shoot. This time with a target light 10/22, surpressor, and 5-24x out to 300 yds. Oh ya that 22-250 hasn't gone out for pdogs once since finding that first big one. Just too much fun with rim fires.

Ahhh, the Dakotas in May. Brings back memories. Made a couple trips out back in 07 and 09 with my girlfriend at the time, wife now, but didn't get to shoot in SD since public didn't open for nonresident till June sometime. Spent a lot of time on the guns near Medora, ND. Way too much fun.

I was out there for about 8 hoursā€¦ or about 500 minutes. 234 confirmed kills on top of at least 60 that didn't get anchored on the spot. Suffice it to say, a centerfire would have tore out a barrel with that kind of firing
schedule, no matter the chambering. Then lets not forget, a 17WSM at the distances I was shootingā€¦ I didn't hit every shot. I probably missed 10-15% of the shots past 225ydsā€¦ and probably 50-60% past 300. It was basically empty a mag, then fill it again, then empty itā€¦ all day long. lol