UK gun laws, Compared to the USA

shooter53

You Guys are so lucky with your Laws, Here in Wales we can only hold a certain amount of guns and ammo, and you would have to use the right cal for what your shooting, You would never be allowed say a 308 to shoot foxs, Deer yes. .22cal would be for foxs above that for deer, no semi or auto only semi 22rimfire, Pistols/hand guns only kept at the shooting range/club, ammo my limit is 1200 ,22 rf. 600 hmr17. 300 .222. All guns must be locked separate to firing mechanism and ammunition, we have to renew our licenses every 5 years with a full medical report my area takes months to process this so you apply months before its due, We cant use bows or crossbow even to shoot a rat, only for target practice , now some laws on what and when you can shoot them, No game may be killed on Sundays or Christmas Day. Game may not be shot between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise. Game may not be shot between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise. All wild birds are protected on Sundays and Christmas Day. so pretty tight here, But this is where our luck changes, Where i live Caerphilly S Wales UK, I can drive 2 minutes to my first farm fox/crows/ pigeons/squirrels, the furthest i have to drive is 1/2 an hour and i can shoot rats, Rabbits Hares, fox, ducks geese, crows pigeon doves, pheasant partridge at no cost or no limit, An hours drive i can add Deer and badgers, We have wild boar but nowhere where i shoot, we can shoot all vermin at night, also Traps, we cant use snares, (banned this year in Wales) or any spring trap above 6" so this sums up the different shooting/hunting on both sides of the pond its a pleasure to read all your stories and advice also we dont have many female hunters so well done all you ladies, keep hunting guys/gals and stay safe Andy from Wales

Attachments

• 20230921_215854[1].jpg
    20230921_215854[1].jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20231121_211955[1].jpg
    20231121_211955[1].jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 31
But I hear if you don't have a suppressor, you are rude over there, here It takes a year and filing a little bit of paperwork to get one. as far as hunting deer fox coyote rabbit, there are seasons, but it's just outside my door.
Hi its the same here for suppressors you have to apply for one on your license and you can only use it on the rifle/cal that you applied for i only ever use one on the 22 r/f with subs

At least you can apply for a suppressor. Not even an option in Canada. I'd love to be able to use one.
Wow i cant see why, I only use one on a 22rim fire on rabbits with subs its very quiet, even so you wouldnt get a second shot at a fox/magpie or crow, So its excess weight and i dont see any advantage of using one happy hunting stay safe

All of these laws are coming from the UN. Ut is their goal to to disarm all civilians. Look up the UN agenda 2029 concerning small arms. The liberall government of Canada is eating right out of their hands. In fact the UN is worried about the number of small arms in the US. I applaud you guys and don;t allow any bans. That is the begining of the end if you do. Just look to the country north of you.

But I hear if you don't have a suppressor, you are rude over there, here It takes a year and filing a little bit of paperwork to get one. as far as hunting deer fox coyote rabbit, there are seasons, but it's just outside my door.
Calls them courtesy devices. I shot in a match outside London. All manual AR15s, no gas system, slotted uppers, but all have sound attenuators.