LRH ballistics app without cell service?

JJMoody

Like the title says, looking for a ballistic app for I phone 5 that works without cell service. What's the current info and tech gear look like?

If you have a hand held weather station like a Kestral I believe all the ballistic apps will work without data. It's also more accurate with actual data from where you are at not the closest weather tower.

Down load shooter for $10 and as mentioned use a Kestrel for environmental inputs. Switch the phone to "Airplane Mode" while hunting for a much longer battery life.

Jeff

I have a older 4500 Kestrel is the new 5700 with link worth up grading to.I mite keep it and just by the G7-BR2 for quick shorter shots. thanks Joe

Last edited:
Would like to update and thank you guys for some great advice. I asked this question shortly after my uncle had asked me to go on a backcountry wilderness area elk hunt with him, my cousin and cousin's 10 year old step-daughter. The entirety of the hunt is an incredible story and an unforgettable experience.... 2 bulls, a 6x6 and 4x5 at 335yds and 328yds and a 250# black bear at 5yds (not a typo) were taken using the Shooter app and the iPhone on airplane mode. Battery had 60% left at the end of the week. While not the longest shots that were prepared for, the data was readily available and at hand for the whole trip. Thanks again..... By the way mine was the 6x6.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.