Best ballistics app?

CONChunt

Is there a 2022 consensus on the best ballistics app out there? For hunting purposes, I usually only need to shoot out to 150 max where I currently live, but I have an elk hunt coming up that will require significantly further distances. I really only need a one-time solution, but wanted to get input from those more knowledgeable on the best app for calculations out to 500 yards.

I recntly switched from BulletFlight to Strelock Pro. BulletFlight I think has closed, as it won't come up on my iPad anymore. It was still available on my iPhone.

Strelok Pro is reasonably priced, no monthly fees, good graphics, a large library of scopes and cartridges, and is easily updated between my iPad and iPhone. I only shoot out to 500-600, so I use a small amount of it's capabilities, but there's shooters on the Strelok FB support page that stretch it out pretty far. They seem pretty happy with the app.

Last edited:
If your max is 500 to 600 just get the free Streloc app. It worked fine for my dope out to 1000 / 1100 yards then it was off .
I did buy the Shooter app and it's been Amazing for me out 3027 yards .

Just print your data on paper a few times and then put into the app . Double check the info and go check it out at the range !

You are touching into the long range stuff ...becareful its addicting ! Ha ha

Best of Luck to you on your Elk hunt !

Rum Man

4dof and AB...although 4dof doesn't work on airplane mode or without cell service which is pretty crap.

I went back to AB and when I stop being a cheap *** I'm going to snag a kestrel with AB or 4dof to avoid using my cell phone on hunts.

Strelok pro for me too. Borris gets back to you via email pretty quick of you have issues or want to add a scope reticle to the list.

I also have the wind/weather meter that syncs up via Bluetooth for longer shots -- bought it real cheap and it seems to work well enough for me that I don't want a kestrel