Lots of People like to bash brands.

Interesting you being one of the most vocal on slamming a brand but still no proof.

See, this is why i was hesitant to jump into your little game here. You're trying to stir the pot and you just want to call some of us liars that have had issues with certain scope brands. As stated above, I'm not gonna spend a bunch of time going through notebooks from the last 7 years to try to appease a guy like you who wouldn't care anyway. My job is not to have to prove anything but I'm simply sharing my experiences so hopefully others won't have to learn the hard way. A little advice, get over it

I've been a part of this forum for a few years now, and noticed that there are plenty of guys that like to make it known when they don't like product.
So I'm curious if admin allows, anyone that truly had an issue with an optic, and has sent it back. Would post a copy of the work order that the manufacture gave you after they did or did not fix it.
I guess my point is if you had a poblem with an optic and sent it in for repair I'd like to see proof.
If you are running your mouth about some problem a guy you met at the range said his brother's buddy had, and you have no proof I don't need your opinion.

My friend, this is a FREE public Longrange Shooting Forum full of shooters and hunters who most of us, I bet, have been doing this their entire lives, so there is allot of opinions and experience here. Personally I WANT to hear opinions about a product that I have or want to buy. I will read it and decide for MYSELF if it is relevant or nonsense or not.

If you get THAT twisted after reading someone "Bash" a product then maybe the best thing for you to do is to NOT READ IT and just move along. Nobody is forcing you to read ANYTHING here.

Who here is going to take the time to post a repair order....I certainly won't. I will post my experience with a product or brand etc and whoever wants to read it can read it and who doesn't want to wont. We are all big boys here so I am not going to "prove" anything to you or anyone else with a repair order....take what I said or leave it.
Maybe I can dig up the repair order for the Ithaca shotgun my uncle gave me when I was 14?

PS: if you think "Brand Bashing" is bad here you should go onto a few car forums

Last edited:
You seem to have summed up humanity since the beginning. Many need to have someone else think for them and many can think for themselves. IMO, those that have experience with many shooting platforms and many component types can speak about the excellent characteristics of most of them without the need for any other validation or trend.

I just recently bought a Nikon from Eurooptic. Upon mounting it, it wouldn't hold zero. Now, because it had been mounted it wasn't eligible to be returned to eurooptic. Silly me should have optic testing equipment on hand. So I had to reach out to Nikon and they will probably fix it. It's the first Nikon I ever bought so not a good impression and certainly the last purchase I'll make from eurooptic.
Please keep us informed on what happens with Nikon optics warranty and repair, they just recently changed their warranty terms so im interested to see what they do

I have quite a few nikon scopes, and I've had 1 or 2 replaced- I've never bashed Nikon scopes (that I know of) but I may actually have the repair order still in the returned box if i looked in my attic- my wife tells me i keep everything

Congratulations for inspiring this thread 😂🤣
You are claiming an 80% failure rate for leupold scopes. That is a pretty big claim with no evidence. Especially where almost all of them were somebody elses scope. That is exactly what this thread is talking about.

80% on the scopes i worked with, i didn't state 80% as a general rule across the board. Some apparently are having decent luck with them. Also, you need to re-read what i said. While these were customer's scopes, i did the full rifle set up and load work up with those. What difference does it make if i did or did not personally own the scopes? The problems were still encountered no?

I have generally found that if a rifle doesn't shot straight, it's generally the round that being fired. That what's handloading is all about and developing loads. Scopes you generally get what you pay for or what the pocket book can afford.
SSS
Mike

80% on the scopes i worked with, i didn't state 80% as a general rule across the board. Some apparently are having decent luck with them. Also, you need to re-read what i said. While these were customer's scopes, i did the full rifle set up and load work up with those. What difference does it make if i did or did not personally own the scopes? The problems were still encountered no?
80% failure rate seems like user error to me...

80% failure rate seems like user error to me...

Not gonna get into a little ****ing match with you bud, or anyone else for that matter. I've been doing this for a long time and have nothing to prove to anyone. Take it or leave it.

It's always amazes me at how quick Leupy fans get their panties in a bunch when people have anything harsh to say about the optic. In case you haven't noticed, or done a recent google search on the topic... there's a lot of other people out there who have had the same issues with the same said scopes. You can continue to be arrogant and call us all liars...or you can respectfully disagree with the opinions and move on...like adults do

As already stated one bad unit does not make a bad brand. In fact I love Leica and most my glass is Leica but I recently got a 2-10 scope and it last less than 50 shots now anything over 4 x is fuzzy. Been in contact with Leica and they will take care of it as soon as they are aloud to open. This though has me rethinking it for my main scope.
So I reached out to several vendors who sell many other brands. They all had the same response they are a very good scope and they see very little issues with them. All high end brand can have a bad one slip through not to bring down th as a whole.
After that I felt much better about keeping this for my go to main hunting rifle. Luckily I should have enough time to get several hundred rounds through it before hunting season comes to make sure.

Most get butt hurt when someone with a lot of experience with something chimes in on their Koolaid, I've seen so many of some products like Remington in rifles or Leupold come in on rifle that won't shoot I don't even waste ammo anymore unless I find a mounting issue which is common, I pull the optic and put on a shop optic and proceed, and there are usually two out comes, new barrel or send the customer his optic to send back to Leupold and then sell and then I mount an optic that will meet their needs and back it goes. Like Tumbleweed just going through stuff, fixing and sending back to the customer not going to be a middle man nor am I going to make a big deal out of documenting it after the first few if it's common, if a NF comes in and looks like a tracking or holding issues then that's more novel and I'll take some time with it or a new optic or product but after a history just roll. I have equipment and tools to verify much of whats going on in an optic from early on but once you learn the signs most guys will just move on from discovery to repair in a few steps.

Look at what brands Benchrest shooters shoot, you won't see a Leupold anywhere unless it's been frozen, when your trying to shoot sub inch at 1000 yards and your optic moves zero each shot you see it clearly!!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.