What are peoples opinion of Minox?

devon

Hi All,

It appears to me that Minox is bigger in the US than in the UK.
Those of you that have purchased the bino's or scopes do you find them ok?
I have compared the binos side by side with Swarovski at last light and there isnt much difference.
Any experience?

Thanks

Richard

I have one of their 4X20 rifle scopes. Took it to Africa last year. My PH wound up w/ it as his tip. Good glass for the price. The eye box is a little small. Thats my biggest criticism. I have one w/ 3 stadia lines. Easy to keep track of where your gun is shooting w/ those. Overall a good product. Over on Optics talk they seem to like them pretty well as a general rule. Bruce

I have a 2-10X40 and the glass is excellent. The scope holds zero, tracks well, and is light weight. The only issue I have with the scope is the turrets. They have a small amount of lash in them when I change directions. My buddy also has the same scope and he has lash in his turrets as well. I would not hesitate to purchase another Minox product based on the experience I have had with my scope.

On my scope the turret is mushy for the 1st 1/4 moa when I change from dialing elevation up to down or down to up. It is almost like the click is not there, but the elevation adjusts correctly it just doesn't feel as though it does. I have made this comment to other Minox owners and they seem to not have this problem so it may just be my scope. My scope holds zero perfectly so I am not concerned about the "mush" in the turrets because this is a scope that gets sighted in and left. If I was dialing all the time I would worry about it more.

On my scope the turret is mushy for the 1st 1/4 moa when I change from dialing elevation up to down or down to up. It is almost like the click is not there, but the elevation adjusts correctly it just doesn't feel as though it does. I have made this comment to other Minox owners and they seem to not have this problem so it may just be my scope. My scope holds zero perfectly so I am not concerned about the "mush" in the turrets because this is a scope that gets sighted in and left. If I was dialing all the time I would worry about it more.

I had bought a 3-9 minox , the turret was exactly the same way . I returned it . Jim

I have the 10x42 for a set of vehicle bino's and a riflescope 5x15 with lines. For what I paid for them I think they are a really well made glass, both of them. I would not hesitate to buy their products.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.