what are your opinions of the dednutz game reaper mounts?

I put one on my Sako A7. It is light, solid and seems very well designed. My only gripe is that they don't list a 20 moa base. Unfortunately for me there isn't enough demand for them to have the CNC program set up already. I talked to one of the managers about having one cut with 20 minutes machined into it. They would do it however it was cost prohibitive for me at the time, but they were very nice to deal with and returned my calls and emails the same day!

I've used them but they aren't my first choice. First, the bar that connects the rings is too thin to provide rigidity when the receiver dimensions are off, which happens with Remington receivers. The bar can flex, causing the rings to twist or tip toward or away from each other. Second, I've checked ring alignment and found that it was good, but not perfect. I would still lap them to insure stress-free contact between the ring and tube. Third, they don't allow a 20 MOA tilt bias unless the bases are shimmed and bedded, which defeats the purpose of the design. Finally, it think they look fat and bulky. That's purely a matter of taste

Can anyone tell me if a 30mm tube with a 56 objektive will fit in a gamereaper "high". I have a howa 1500 SA with standard barrel but when i measeure it seems to be tight. Dnz says 1.23 from top of reciever to centerline of scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.