Would like recommendations of Bases/rings

C

coyoteugly

Hi folks,
First time posting and look forward to your help. I have a new Savage Model 12 LRPV 6.5 X 284, with a 26" heavy fluted barrel I need to scope. I plan on shooting long range 600-1000 yards. Looking at a Huskemaw scope with a 50 mm objective, 30 mm body. I know you get what you pay for but have limited budget. Night Force and CS Gunworks sponsors feel free to "sell me" if you spot this post. I need both bases(20 mm?) and 30 mm rings............thanks.

trueblue

trueblue

cant go wrong with a huskemaw. if thats what you can afford . vortex viper is coming out with a pst line that looks promising also. might want to check there website. pricing looks very competetive.

K

kiwi3006

Burris Signature rings are excellent. They come with inserts to tilt(?) the scope. I am not sure of the exact MOA they tilt, depends a bit on the length between the rings. They are marked +0.02 and -0.02 or something like that. They make them in 30 mm and different heights.

Stu.

N

new shooter

cant go wrong with a huskemaw. if thats what you can afford . vortex viper is coming out with a pst line that looks promising also. might want to check there website. pricing looks very competetive.

I just order a vortex viper PST EBR-1 FFP Illuminated. VIP warranty is unlimited- unconditional -transferable -no time limit. This is going on a savage 111 long range hunter for grandson. Ones i get a good load with low es i will get a CUSTOM DROP COMPENSATER ballistics turret from Kenton Industries TTC FOR $85.00. This hoe scope package with 20moa base and rings will be Way less then huskemaw. If you wan,t to look at the scope and optic go to page 5 of optic you will see a post back from shot show. Click on.Then the meadle of page click on Vortex. Then go to bottom of page click on VIPER pst-EBR-1 FFP. then at the top of the page click on reticle. REALY NICE. The FFP IS ABOUT A HUNDER MORE THEN THE pst ebr-1 Whitch is in second focal plane reticle. My nightforce is in the second focal plane reticle. I Went with the first focal plane the price was to good to pass up. Shop for best price. e-mail all optic sponser on this sight. I like Liberty optics. Hope this help IF you do you will have lots of exter money for powder & bullets.

W

whiskey3

+1 for burris signature rings. These rings are great, no lapping rings or marring of the scopes finish and they give you the ability to shim your scope in any direction.

C

coyoteugly

Thank You everyone for your suggestions and input. After visiting with Jerry at Warne, SWFA, and Bob at Sinclair, I decided to go with Leupold 30mm rings and a Ken Farrell Savage 1 piece 20moa base for a set up. Warne/SWFA was out-of-stock of the base I needed and Bob at Sinclair spoke highly of the Ken Farrell bases...so that's what I'm going with! thanks,