Lots of People like to bash brands.

Came back to see if anything changed. Nope the keyboard warriors still bashing Leupold and conducting themselves as they never would FTF.

BTW being a "Western Hunter" and knowing many as well as some outfitters, very few hunters "dial up" anything except perhaps P-dogs. Most animals are killed under 300 yards, "point blank" or "hold on the back" distances. 22 Speed Goats on my wall, never dialed for one.

Now I have a 6.5-300 BEE. Point blank is now 400. 5-20 Zeiss NDR.

Ruger No. 1 6.5-300.jpg

Came back to see if anything changed. Nope the keyboard warriors still bashing Leupold and conducting themselves as they never would FTF.

BTW being a "Western Hunter" and knowing many as well as some outfitters, very few hunters "dial up" anything except perhaps P-dogs. Most animals are killed under 300 yards, "point blank" or "hold on the back" distances. 22 Speed Goats on my wall, never dialed for one.

View attachment 190349

Depends how you hunt. It's the beauty of western hunting. I've taken up archery almost exclusively for hunting now, so it's definitely possible to get closer but my techniques are pretty much the same. I usually hike up to high ridges and glass down into basins or where I can see more than one traversing point that game would use to get to grazing areas or water. These ranges can be from anywhere to 500y to 1 mile. There's always the occasional line buck in the later deer season that is sometimes on the adjacent ridge as well coming in and out of cover. Again can be easily 800 or more yards. Bull elk is similar. I've missed more on stalks in archery than I have on missing a shot. That's where a rifle shines is being able to extend range. That's where a long range set up shines, is to be able to extend that range outside of a point blank shot.

View attachment 190349
Thanks for proving one of the facts that I stated.

M
"So just why in the heck should any of us care what you want,"
You shouldn't care what I want! {I don't care what you want}

"If you don't want the information provided without the members having to provide notarized documentation then please bogg off to somewhere you will be happier"

You could just move on to a different thread I'm sure you would be happier.

I Don't know what a lying road apple is but I am quite sure you are the troll here!
Like I posted previously If You Don't Like My Thread MOVE ON!!
Not to mention what is there maybe 2 pages out of the 20 that have anything to do with my original post!
You have proven to me that you are a Tool! You should try posting on S.H. most on that forum love people like you.
Definition of a road apple around here is a horse turd. David

Jumping in to get information about best approach with Manufacture and / or Authorized repair facilities. Took a young man under my wing who wanted to learn how to reload. He called me up one day and asked if I would go to the range with him and test reloads on one of his guns that was giving him a problem. I asked him to send me the load sheet for the rounds we will be shooting, everything looked good. According to the young man the gun had less than 100 rounds and it had been to an Authorized repair facility 2 time in the last year. Went to the range and it shot a pattern like a shotgun. Based on the history first thought was the scope and second the reloads. Went over to his house and swapped scopes with a known good scope and reloaded 25 rounds varying in increments of 5. At this point we did not care just wanted to get a bit more information. Used factory loads to sight in the gun with using the 3 shot method and same pattern problem. Then started to shoot the newly reloaded rounds and noted that more than 50% of the fired hulls were damaged around the base with others showing damage around the neck as well, cracked necks and bodies. When I pointed this out he stated that they were only reloaded once and he had a coffee can full of damaged hulls. I removed the gun from the range and pulled the bolt out and told him to not shoot the gun until the gun smith I use inspects the gun.
The smith called him and told him the chamber was over sized and the only fix was a new barrel.

The question??? should he have contacted the Authorized repair facility that said the gun was good to go, knowing that the factory sent him to the repair facility or should he contact the factory directly and request they repair the gun?

IF I have an issue with a product, I go to the manufacturer for a resolution. If decide it is worthwhile to pass on that experience, I am not wasting MY time proving to YOU that I did what I SAID I did. But, that's just me. BTW - to date, I have received great product support from those I have had to contact.

So I have Vortex Viper 4-16X44 HS-T, various old school Leopold 3-9, 3-10, 4-12, Leopold VX6-3-18X44 & 50, Zeiss, Kahless, Cabela's brand for a couple lower end rifles and casual use. I like them all and they work great. IMO Vortex is a great bang for your buck. I put one on my first "long range rifle" at son's recommendation and loved the results so much I then converted several other rifles to "long range shooters" because is was cost effective way to up their performance. I got custom turrets for them all from Kenton Industries. That said I also have a pet .260 Remington--I put the VX6 on a .260 Remington SAKO 85. I really love the low profile look, great glass and that blingy red dot. In 40 years of shooting and owned nearly every brand of scope...I've never had a brand or particular mfgr just suck. Leo and Vortex have great customer service and warranties. I have no problem spending as needed to get what I want out of my gun toys. I used Night Force and Swarovski on friends' rifles and they were nice glass. The only problem for me is I didn't come away with "Holy Moses that's the best glass I've ever seen" from their use, Instead they were pretty much the same as the bang for your buck scopes IMO. So...while I'm happy to spend for clear benefit, not so for no clear advantage. That said -- there are features you need to consider, I like SFP for hunting and FFP for long range target shooting--just me. Bottom line: look at several, hold 'em in your hands and buy the one you want.

It has been a tiring, but interesting read! I have owned them all at some time in the past 60 years of shooting. At present in my gunsafes, are 40 Leupolds mounted on everything from a 222 up to a 375 H&H. All are VX3 or better. I acknowledge that there are better optics out there, but living in Canada there is only one manufacturer with proper repair and turnaround time.....Leupold.
Another factor is weight. Most of the very high quality optics are quite heavy vs Leupold. I'm not going to knock anyone choices, but for me personally, I will stay with what has worked for me. FWIW, I have returned 1 Leupold for service in the past 40 years.
Dave

Not to open a can of worms but PA has some of the best long-range shooters in the world. I have NF on my 1000 yard guns but they don't make what I want in a hunting scope. I'm not sure what hunting rules that cater to the lowest common denominator. You sound like Hilary Clinton talking about the 50 percent of the countries deplorables. For rifleman1776 your a road puck. Plain and simple. I'm sure all your friends and family think about you with tears in their eyes. If you talk like that on here your probably like this all the time. Sad crap. I don't need to put down a whole state. Just you. Now you know how I feel.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.