Lots of People like to bash brands.

I really want a scope I can dial. I don't like the ffp scopes I have because on low power the crosshair is tiny. Hold over crosshairs on SFP scopes suck because you need to be on an exact power to make the crosshair work. So really want a dial up scope but don't want 30 oz either. Maybe their just isn't such a thing.
Shep

I have one SFP with the BDC reticle - a NXS 2.5-10x42 with the Velocity 600 reticle. I find that the reticle works well with the max 10 power because I don't need the 10 power at less than 300 yards, but it's helpful at 400-600. So the reticle works well then(if I don't dial).

Tell us how you really feel about PA.
Shep

About PA? I was talking about relative quality and said go buy whatever the hell you want if it suits your purposes.

I also gave examples of a poorly run game commission, too many people who go into the woods during deer season but don't take it seriously enough to sight in their rifles or practice to become competent shots, and posers who lay claim to expertise because they flash a certain brand of scope or worse yet because they "do some gunsmith'n" in their basement.

The same thing happens in every state, but PA has more hunters and is more heavily populated than most Western states, so you see more examples of these problems because of the hunter density.

But I'm sure some moron will say "Yer attacking muh state!" and be bitterly offended by any of the above statements that most normal people agree with. You know what they say: if you are offended by things that nobody directed at you, it's most likely a guilty conscience.

edit: incidentally, I've had you on ignore for a long time, so I missed your other post until someone told me to read it. I never said a word about you, nor even read any of your posts in this thread prior to this. But that did not stop you from attacking me personally. You sir, are a total a-hole.

Last edited:
Got me on that one tell me so I can put that in my arsenal. David
Pony soldier was the old Calvary when they rode horses but is still used for modern Air Cav. Dog face used to be reserved for infantry or other foot soldiers so I have no idea what it means when u put the two terms together. Maybe someone else knows how they go together.

Pony soldier was the old Calvary when they rode horses but is still used for modern Air Cav. Dog face used to be reserved for infantry or other foot soldiers so I have no idea what it means when u put the two terms together. Maybe someone else knows how they go together.

it was one of those weird Joe Biden statements. I figured if anyone knew about the lying road apple comment, they might know the origin of that one too. It was just done to lighten the mood a little.

I've been a part of this forum for a few years now, and noticed that there are plenty of guys that like to make it known when they don't like product.
So I'm curious if admin allows, anyone that truly had an issue with an optic, and has sent it back. Would post a copy of the work order that the manufacture gave you after they did or did not fix it.
I guess my point is if you had a poblem with an optic and sent it in for repair I'd like to see proof.
If you are running your mouth about some problem a guy you met at the range said his brother's buddy had, and you have no proof I don't need your opinion.
I've been a part of this forum for a few years now, and noticed that there are plenty of guys that like to make it known when they don't like product.
So I'm curious if admin allows, anyone that truly had an issue with an optic, and has sent it back. Would post a copy of the work order that the manufacture gave you after they did or did not fix it.
I guess my point is if you had a poblem with an optic and sent it in for repair I'd like to see proof.
If you are running your mouth about some problem a guy you met at the range said his brother's buddy had, and you have no proof I don't need your opinion.

Pretty much a ridiculous request or shall I say a DEMAND. Who do you think you are to DEMAND anything on here ? If a shooter has scope troubles it is good to let people know, in doing that in the right way it is not bashing but informational.
If you don't like it, what is stopping you from just going on the next thread ?

Came back to see if anything changed. Nope the keyboard warriors still bashing Leupold and conducting themselves as they never would FTF.

BTW being a "Western Hunter" and knowing many as well as some outfitters, very few hunters "dial up" anything except perhaps P-dogs. Most animals are killed under 300 yards, "point blank" or "hold on the back" distances. 22 Speed Goats on my wall, never dialed for one.

Now I have a 6.5-300 BEE. Point blank is now 400. 5-20 Zeiss NDR.

View attachment 190349
I have one in 280 it's been killing deer in va sense 1995 with 3x9x50 varix 2

it was one of those weird Joe Biden statements. I figured if anyone knew about the lying road apple comment, they might know the origin of that one too. It was just done to lighten the mood a little.
I am on side. The departure into road apple's and pony soldiers actually made this thread sort of worth doing. I found it really odd someone wouldn't know what a road apple is. The whole rest of it the OP started whining about needing proof etc was just not interesting at all. Shows every thread, no matter how moronic, can be redeemed.

@BigSky112
22 pages in and you post to rip on the thread? Why don't you save your comments for yourself and listen to your own advice?
"If you don't like it, what is stopping you from just going on the next thread ?"

@BigSky112
22 pages in and you post to rip on the thread? Why don't you save your comments for yourself and listen to your own advice?
"If you don't like it, what is stopping you from just going on the next thread ?"
I would have but you keep trying to engage me. Take your own advice and ignore me and the other posts u don't like. By the way, I never read all 22 pages, just the 21 st or so when this popped up on the new threads/posts list that I look at every day.

@Dean2
The term road apple is not in my vocabulary, because if I am going to call someone a name I use much stronger to the point types of words. The ones I can't and won't call anyone on this forum.
Why you ask? It is because I want to believe everything on here is friendly banter.
So since you said I was whining, and because the appeal to you of this thread was the use of road apples and pony soldiers I will from now on refer to you as the peanut gallery.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.