target knobs like "best of the west"

ackiddblast

target knobs like \"best of the west\"

where could i send my leupold vx-III to get a target knob with all of my drop data to get a custom knob built like John Burns (best of the west host).

Re: target knobs like \"best of the west\"

Go to the Leupold website, and click on the Custom Shop. I sent them my Vari-X III in 4.5X14X40, and had them install a target turret, and then a custom Bbullet Drop Compensator for the ballistics of my .308. It works great. Once you have your baseline zero (I only have access to a 100 yard range), you set the 100 yard index line on 100 and tighten the Allen head set screw. You're now good to go out to 1000 yards, assuming you gave Leupold the correct ballistic info.

Go to www.kentonindustries.com.

While it is a quick, simple fix. Nothing will be as accurate as knowing and dialing your own clicks. They WILL change from day to day as the conditions change. Just something to think about.

Good info from everyone so far. I think the usefulness of the BDC knobs run out at about 700-800yds.. So if you plan to shoot less than that you should be fine. If not use the reg target knobs and shoot shoot shoot some more to get your actual click/drop data and tape it to your gun. Good Luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.