Lots of People like to bash brands.

. I can think of a lot of companies that beat Leupold in quality of the overall product.
Would you care to provide one example? I'm curious what companies you feel that dollar for dollar are better quality? Note before I get accused of it, I am not a lover or defender of any particular brand I own and have owned Nightforce, Swarovski,Vortex,Bushnell,Leupold, and Leica optics

Would you care to provide one example? I'm curious what companies you feel that dollar for dollar are better quality? Note before I get accused of it, I am not a lover or defender of any particular brand I own and have owned Nightforce, Swarovski,Vortex,Bushnell,Leupold, and Leica optics

SWFA
Nightforce
Bushnell
Kahles
S&B
ZCO

To name a few. That's just my opinion based on my experience. Lower end luepolds leave a lot to be desired as far as reliability. Although in their defense if I bought one I wouldn't be cranking on the turrets. Then middle of the road luepolds you have capped turrets, SFP, and a duplex reticle with 400-600 price tags. Then step up to their nightforce level scopes and you're paying more money for a new, not proven scope with their mark 5, 6, and 8. Shooting the mark 4 left a bad taste in my mouth. Dainty/ tall/ mushy turrets, mil reticle, MOA turrets, SFP. That was their premier scope until they finally caught up in the past couple of years.

also I had a post earlier in this thread about my spoiled friends and cousins with luepolds in deer camp. Trash talking other gear without really knowing what they were talking about. Still rubs me wrong lol.;)

. Nightforce, vortex, Bushnell, Zeiss, ZCO, SWFA. All offer better optics in terms of quality, Features, Durability at the same price points. $300 for a fixed power super sniper that tracks has good enough glass for that price and great Reliability durability and better features. Step up to $500 to $800 and you have vortex (not pst models gen I or ii) Zeiss ,swfa with ffp optics that track and are very durable. And then on up it's nightforce, Bushnell, vortex, tract, swaro if you want sfp, zco, Minox. And probably a lot more I'am forgetting at the moment.

Watched it. Not only does he not say made in America. He goes out of his way to say it's not made in America. "Made in America is not enough". Dancing around it.

. Nightforce, vortex, Bushnell, Zeiss, ZCO, SWFA. All offer better optics in terms of quality, Features, Durability at the same price points. $300 for a fixed power super sniper that tracks has good enough glass for that price and great Reliability durability and better features. Step up to $500 to $800 and you have vortex (not pst models gen I or ii) Zeiss ,swfa with ffp optics that track and are very durable. And then on up it's nightforce, Bushnell, vortex, tract, swaro if you want sfp, zco, Minox. And probably a lot more I'am forgetting at the moment.

the only scopes on par with luepold are barsaka and BSA.

If you don't like the intent or how I posed the question on my thread then don't read it or comment on it. I didn't start the thread to get into a P*****g match with you. I started the thread for a reason and if you can't understand that reason thats fine.. Move on!! I don't go posting on threads just to disagree with the topic. If I DON'T LIKE the topic I move on to a different thread. I wish you would do the same.
Seriously why do you care if I only want to hear about Documented problems with scopes?
My grandfather shared his wisdom with me as a young lad. He said:"Sunny Boy, don't ever miss a perfect opportunity to shut up!"
So I will!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.