Lots of People like to bash brands.

it's the internet, who cares? people will complain about everything given the chance. humans arent perfect, so why would the products they build be any different?

I'm not going to bash brands, but I am going to make a effort to stop buying anything Chinese.
A few makers I use often have some of their lineup made in China. If they support China, I'm done.
They are responsible for the covid19 and the world should shut them out of the economy.

Most of my precision shooting rifles were assembled off a Savage action,and topped off with nice glass. They shoot great.
But,When I got debt free I built my dream rifle. I have close to $7k in it. It also shoots great. I didn't build it to impress anyone except myself. It's just a range toy,and I'll probably never hunt with it because it's a chassis style weapon. It is fun as hell to shoot,and that's all I wanted.
Some guy's just like to have one or two NICE rifles,and save up for years to get them.

Nice Tikka by the way! Here's my pride and joy,I was waiting on the trigger to show up when I took the pic.

D4YGd06.jpg

It doesn't shoot too shabby either.

43ysQ9Y.jpg

TdlIEZn.jpg
What cartridge?

I'm not going to bash brands, but I am going to make a effort to stop buying anything Chinese.
A few makers I use often have some of their lineup made in China. If they support China, I'm done.
They are responsible for the covid19 and the world should shut them out of the economy.
I'll bet the entire world, and its manufacturers is going to reassess supply chain, including those in the shooting industry. I admit this is going to impact most the guy making $15 an hour who still wants to have a pretty nice scope he can stick on a Ruger American and shoot a deer to feed his family. He might be a little confused about the $1000 scopes we love to bash because they just aren't good enough. He probably doesn't have $1000 disposable income in any year, much less this one. Might be time to get off the high horse about things made in Japan, which is a strong U.S. ally, and in the Philippines, somewhat of an ally, as compared to China. I could care less if Nightforce makes the SHV in Japan as long as they stand behind it.

I'll bet the entire world, and its manufacturers is going to reassess supply chain, including those in the shooting industry. I admit this is going to impact most the guy making $15 an hour who still wants to have a pretty nice scope he can stick on a Ruger American and shoot a deer to feed his family. He might be a little confused about the $1000 scopes we love to bash because they just aren't good enough. He probably doesn't have $1000 disposable income in any year, much less this one. Might be time to get off the high horse about things made in Japan, which is a strong U.S. ally, and in the Philippines, somewhat of an ally, as compared to China. I could care less if Nightforce makes the SHV in Japan as long as they stand behind it.

I thought the Japanese were famous for their scopes?? I get excited flipping over a scope and seeing made in Japan.

I love my Japanese scopes, and had pretty good luck with Philippine scopes, I've actually had pretty good luck with the 1000$ Chinese scopes, but I'm pretty ticked off with China, their lack of humanity caused my wife to lose her job. Luckily she landed a new one pretty quick, but it was about to get ugly for us, and it got ugly for millions of Americans.

It may come as a shock, but lens making is a 100% automated process. As has been stated many times by real experts: If you can afford the equipment you can make excellent lenses anywhere in the world. I don't really care where lenses are made. I do car about the quality and backup of the finished product. In that case Leupold is impossible to beat. Leupold bashers are all over the net and if anyone wishes to believe them ---- have at it. In 60 years of owning Leupold products they have never failed me and have, in fact, gone way beyond what could be reasonably expected. If you prefer BSA, enjoy it.
. I can think of a lot of companies that beat Leupold in quality of the overall product.

You also should learn how to read.
Never did I claim to be the
" the self appointed policeman and complaint evaluator for this website"
The actual point of this Thread is exactly what you said
"You can formulate your opinion however you want"
It was my way of trying to sort thru the I heard from a friend of a friend stories. Exactly like I said in the first post. I'm just trying to formulate my own opinion based on facts.
Not trying to ruffle any feathers here. Just letting you know how I view your post.
I not going to get in a pi***ng match with you but, maybe you should reread what you wrote. Maybe it wasn't your intent but, like many others here, I made my response from my interpretation of what you wrote. Whatever facts you speak of sounds no different than the accusation you make of others you stated posting unsubstantiated posts. Because you have been able to ferret out the truth verses someone spewing false information, good common sense and knowledge held by most members here, can do the same. However, to think one should hold on to papers substantiating the problem they had with a company or product just to enable them to voice their own opinions, I find counterproductive of the reason for enabling members to share their own information. Thus, my reply to your original question as well as your retort. Again, just my personal opinion.

If you don't like the intent or how I posed the question on my thread then don't read it or comment on it. I didn't start the thread to get into a P*****g match with you. I started the thread for a reason and if you can't understand that reason thats fine.. Move on!! I don't go posting on threads just to disagree with the topic. If I DON'T LIKE the topic I move on to a different thread. I wish you would do the same.
Seriously why do you care if I only want to hear about Documented problems with scopes?

couldn't find this video. Not saying I don't believe you. If it was just the glass I think they'd be able to say made in USA not assembled.
Here you go:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.