Lots of People like to bash brands.

Any Particular reason why you don't want it?
No, I actually like it, long story on how it became mine even though I was the buyer. I sponsor a couple youngsters and they spin me like a top, the scope is just something I would have never purchased for myself.
Leupold got me through my first 30 yrs of rifle shooting, but I have moved on, hard for me to bash them.

I know that and it proved to be unrealistic. So now the conversation has kind of shifted to are certain optics worth a darn.

And what I mean by unrealistic is, that one slip I had as proof is only one of three bad experiences I had with that brand as in three of their scopes. And I was lucky to have not lost it. As well as the fact that, that slip only covered one of three problems with that optic.

Last edited:
Bashing things by faceless people on the internet who can never be held accountable is the way things are.

If you chose to believe them, that's up to you.

There are very few real experts on optics and they don't reside here.

You might consider that if Leupold were as bad as these keyboard warriors say, they would have gone the way of Yugo decades ago.

Both the Army and USMC use Leupold products, obviously they are idiots ---- right ?

Bashing things by faceless people on the internet who can never be held accountable is the way things are.

You might consider that if Leupold were as bad as these keyboard warriors say, they would have gone the way of Yugo decades ago.

Both the Army and USMC use Leupold products, obviously they are idiots ---- right ?
Haha, says the nameless faceless dude that was bashing an entire optics brand 2 days ago, LOL.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your statement. Why be on forums at all if you believe that?

But to answer this question directly...yes we are. We do stupid things everyday.

Ever see a million dollar MRAP get cut up in Afghanistan and sold for scrap metal bc it's cheaper than flying back home?

Ever sign over $200 million in engineer equipment to Iraqi generals in the desert just to see that same equipment on the news captured by isis?

Ever have a battalion range week and then your BDE commander puts an airborne op in the middle of it, and then you have to explain to him why your soldiers are not qualified on their weapons?

Ever see guys push unproven products through the REF because it'll get them a good OER bullet?

Ever see guys train to time and not standard "because the battalion stats are red?"

Ever completed your training for AFG and then your BDE commander tells you two months prior to your deployment that you're going to NTC?

so yeah we do lots of stupid stuff...like use leupold mark 4s instead of NF.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your statement. Why be on forums at all if you believe that?

But to answer this question directly...yes we are. We do stupid things everyday.

Ever see a million dollar MRAP get cut up in Afghanistan and sold for scrap metal bc it's cheaper than flying back home?

Ever sign over $200 million in engineer equipment to Iraqi generals in the desert just to see that same equipment on the news captured by isis?

Ever have a battalion range week and then your BDE commander puts an airborne op in the middle of it, and then you have to explain to him why your soldiers are not qualified on their weapons?

Ever see guys push unproven products through the REF because it'll get them a good OER bullet?

Ever see guys train to time and not standard "because the battalion stats are red?"

Ever completed your training for AFG and then your BDE commander tells you two months prior to your deployment that you're going to NTC?

so yeah we do lots of stupid stuff...like use leupold mark 4s instead of NF.
300w, your points are well taken. Plus, 300w, I have seen and really appreciate your posts. As for Bee, it's his opinion. Let's carry on :) Have a safe day.

The USMC uses nightforce, S&B, and tangent theta. Leupold is still around because of army contracts and people who don't care about Improvement in tech and settle for anything because they don't know any better. And on top of that most people aren't using their stuff enough to know their system the good or bad.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts