Looking to purchase a LabRadar

Stan Malinky

Evaluating Chronographs for load workup. I have decided to purchase a LabRadar when they are available. I contacted the company to get a sample data set. The amount of data collected can be voluminous. The key pieces of information for load development are the Velocity String and then the calculated ES, SD, Min, Max and Mean.

The question I am throwing out there is if you have a LabRadar what data do you use, save and why?

Thanks in advance for all the information!

I am interested in this too. I am new to hand loading (I am all set up with a bench but have yet to actually load anything - still trying to find Federal GM primers) and would like to have something accurate like the LabRadar to clock velocities and performance for load work up and dial in my scope accurately for the hunting loads I will be shooting. The LabRadar might be overkill for what I need it for but I also hear that some of the other less expensive options aren't as accurate and sometimes have a hard time clocking the fired bullet. I will be following this thread and learning with you @Stan Malinky !

I save all of it. It writes to a file automatically and data storage is cheap. There's no reason not to save it all.

All I save is velocity because I'm usually shooting multiple guns or loads and since you can't go back to a previous series, there is no point to to save all the other stuff, with the velocities saved I can recalculate the other data if I want or need to.

Last edited:
I have no regrets with purchasing my Lab Radar, it's a very handy tool. I mainly use mine to verify MV, ES, and SD after switching powder, lots of powder or barrels.

All I save is velocity because I'm usually shooting multiple guns or loads and since you can't go back to a previous series, there is no point to to save all the other stuff, with the velocities saved I can recalculate the other data if I want or need to.
I'm with you there and that's my biggest complaint. I only save velocity bc I then put them into excel/google sheets where I can do any statistical stuff I want. I typically use the notes app on my iPhone with different headers for each gun I am shooting and just enter the info after each shot.

I'm with you there and that's my biggest complaint. I only save velocity bc I then put them into excel/google sheets where I can do any statistical stuff I want. I typically use the notes app on my iPhone with different headers for each gun I am shooting and just enter the info after each shot.
If you could go back to a series and name it, it would be great chrony. I've been using a notebook for each rifle, so I can write stuff down as I go. That way I don't have to get off the LabRadar app.