What custom rifle to purchase?

You could use a custom action and Remage it and build 3!!!!!! for the cost of one. Build a 6.5, a 300 and a 338.

Well the custom action part puts a pause into things. I"m building a 338 Edge now, plan on a Stiller Predator. I figure I'll have 3K just in parts. Plowing a grand into an action takes a cut.

If you're going to go Remage you can always put it together with a donor action…see how it shoots…and if not happy, blueprint and try again. Not all actions will be noticeably improved with blueprinting.

Of course I'm pricing a Stiller action, McMillan stock. There are ways to go cheaper.

morning, if u were to buy a SS Rem. mag. action. buy a reputable made

barrel. SS, contour,style, and weight barrel. timmey trigger, warne steel

mounts and rings. the smithy told to tune the action. H&S stock, bedded.

u will save money. u could find a excellent smithy on this sight. their r

very good ones. Mike Pfelps in Hempstead TX. in my smithy. Mike

is very good. I use Hart Barrels, talk to Karen!! very knowledge lady.lightbulb:)gun)

Another vote for RBROS. Travis did an amazing job on my 6.5X47. Always answers questions and finished the build over a month early. If only deer and antelope to 700 yds I would maybe look into one of the smaller calibers. 6.5x47, Creed, 260, 6.5-284 etc. Cheaper to load for, less recoil and will kill deer out to 700 yds. If an all round gun is needed and possibly will hunt out farther, then I would build a 300 WM around the 215 Berger.

One more for R Bros Travis has built me 5 rifles from 338 rum to 243AI and they all are hammers my wife shoots one of his 65-06AI take a look on his web page at the target she shot at 1290

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.