Looking for advice for a 6.5 creedmoore purchase

I'm offering a different opinion on the "don't want another Savage statement".
I'm currently switching all of my guns to Savage, basically because I'm familiar with Savage, I know how to switch the barrels, and work on the triggers.
I can almost guarantee a Savage out of the box will shoot. So my choice would be a Savage 11 longrange Hunter in 6.5 Creed. The only other rifle in my current collection is a Sub Moa Thompson Center venture 30-06. If TC follows thru with offering this rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor then it would be my second choice, the only reason it's not my first, is because although it has a great trigger, I can't get it as light as I can a accutrigger. Other than that, it's a awesome 500$ rifle..

I'm with Feenix on this one. For low cost shooting out to 500 yards you cannot beat the .308. Federal match ammo for $20/box is pretty dang cheap. Easy to find rifles too. A couple of guns you may not have considered: The Tikka hunter rifles have pretty nice wood stocks. I saw a couple of them at Scheel's the other day and was pretty impressed with these guns. I don't like the plastic-stocked Tikkas much, and the wood-stocked guns still have plastic undercarriage, but they feel like a quality gun when you pick them up. They are fairly light weight sporter rifles. Another gun I like is the Remington 700 5R Gen 2. You can get either a 20" threaded barrel or a 24" non-threaded in .308 and they are known for being very accurate. A buddy of mine has one of each barrel length, and they are easily under MOA with factory ammo. The Gen 2 rifles have heavy barrels, but they have deep fluting which brings the weight down. The 20" barreled rifle is actually pretty handy despite the heavy barrel contour. These guns have more of a tactical feel to them with a wide stock and larger bolt handle.

I'm offering a different opinion on the "don't want another Savage statement".
I'm currently switching all of my guns to Savage, basically because I'm familiar with Savage, I know how to switch the barrels, and work on the triggers.
I can almost guarantee a Savage out of the box will shoot. So my choice would be a Savage 11 longrange Hunter in 6.5 Creed. The only other rifle in my current collection is a Sub Moa Thompson Center venture 30-06. If TC follows thru with offering this rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor then it would be my second choice, the only reason it's not my first, is because although it has a great trigger, I can't get it as light as I can a accutrigger. Other than that, it's a awesome 500$ rifle..

Savage ROCKS!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.