Hi all looking for advice

I bought one this spring in MOA and love it. The choice of calibration is totally up to you. Guys will bleed arguing one vs the other, but in the end they both measure angle, and there isn't much difference in the increment. Quarter MOA and 1/10th mil are 0.26175 inches and 0.36 inches respectively at 100 yards. If you already have experience with one, stay with it, or if you like to learn new things, try the other for a change.

Im looking for a scope for my Savage 110 High Country in 7 mm rem mag. I am leanin towards
the Vortex Viper PST genII ffp 5x25 x 50 but not certain on moa or mrad. Any help would be great
Leupold VX6. I bought 5 vipers, 3 would never zero or hold zero. I won't spend another dime on Vortex products. Their customer service was however excellent but when I lay out that kind of money for an optic I expect it to be right out of the box and to not spend more time sending them in for work than enjoying them.

Im looking for a scope for my Savage 110 High Country in 7 mm rem mag. I am leanin towards
the Vortex Viper PST genII ffp 5x25 x 50 but not certain on moa or mrad. Any help would be great

It's a simple as picking a system you feel comfortable learning. There's plenty of information on all of them, and if not PM me and I'll send you some of my digital back ups of some of my infield data references and such.

Most people go with MOA because of how close to an inch it is, which makes it easier to use but, it has no real correlation to your dope and MRAD is not anymore difficult to learn to be honest.

What's your plan with the rifle? Doesn't exactly seem like a spin the turrets kind of proposition, more of a hunting rig. Do you plan on ranging with your scope or using a rangefinder?

I have started focusing more on the reticle on mid tier glass. Do you plan on shooting past 800 yards regularly? I have a Vortex Razor LH HD 3-15 with the HSR4 reticle on my 7mm RM and it has 24 MOA in the reticle itself.

As far as moa vs mil, if all your other scopes are one of the two, I'd stick with that unless you want to learn a new system.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.