Long range scope

Mlb1970

I am wanting to know what are some good scope with dial turrets for yds. I am wanting to reach out to about a 1000 yds. I currently run a Burris signature select 4.5 x 16 x44 ballistic plex. I shoot a Remington 300 ultra mag. Any help would be great. Thanks

I am wanting to know what are some good scope with dial turrets for yds. I am wanting to reach out to about a 1000 yds. I currently run a Burris signature select 4.5 x 16 x44 ballistic plex. I shoot a Remington 300 ultra mag. Any help would be great. Thanks

Be prepared to get inundated with more clarification of what you really want/need/application ... do you have a realistic budget in mind?

Also, if you want to make it work with what you currently have, you need a 20 MOA canted base and an after market turret from http://kentonindustries.com/custom-turrets/burris

Calc your current scope to use the ballistic reticle to get to 1k. Your 16x at 10x will probably reach 1k. Not a perfect solution but will get you shooting to 1k TODAY.

Be prepared to get inundated with more clarification of what you really want/need/application ... do you have a realistic budget in mind?

Also, if you want to make it work with what you currently have, you need a 20 MOA canted base and an after market turret from Burris | Kenton Industries
And yeah, BUDGET....USAGE......EXPERIENCE.

I'm very partial to the Leupold VX6 in 4-24x52 and 3-18x50.

I have both and have them with both the TMOA and Boone and Crockett Reticles.

Sightron's are beautiful scopes. I wouldn't hesitate at all buying one for dual purpose. I have the 6-24x50 with the FFP MilHash reticle. I would strongly suggest that you get the 2nd focal plane reticle for hunting because with the FFP, the cross hair will pretty much disappear in low light and at low power. I actually bought mine as a dual purpose but had to take it off my hunting rifle because of this. The new 2019 SIII scopes have zero stop. Now all they need is to illuminate their FFP reticle and they'll have a winner for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.