Lightweight Long Range Scope

I have eyed a march pretty hard a few times. Just so happens someone runs a stopsign or I need to replace a fridge or buy a new couch whenever I get to the buying stage.

Have you had one next to a kahles? I am pretty much sold on a 624i after shooting one a few times. The only March I have ever looked through was like a 60x and all I had to compare it to was my viper hst so it was like looking through privacy glass when I went back to mine.
I have a Kahles K624i Gen 3, and it is an awesome scope. The SKMR is actually my favorite reticle I have ever owned. Glass is great, clarity, color, contrast, tracks perfectly, returns to zero, great ergonomics. It is my go-to scope for load development .

Swarovski z5 3.5-18. Is about as light as you can get. Followed by the bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16 17.3 oz. I ended up with the bushnell as it's mil dot and has much more moa travel than the z5. These were my two choices for my 6.5 ti build.

I appreciate all the replies! I think I'd like the max magnification to be 12-15 power. I wish the nxs compact was 2-12. I had an shv 3-10 and not that it doesn't work shooting out to 800 yards but I'd like a little more magnification. The leupolds look pretty cool. My only concern is I have one of the gen 1 grey bull Precision Leupolds and to me the eye relief on that scope changes substantially when going from low to high power. So much that I'd have to adjust my eye behind the scope when I pulled up depending on the power setting. It drives me nuts. Has anyone experienced this with their newer vx5 or 6 line?

Also I'm curious to anyone out there that has a Cooper similar to mine what brand and height rings they were able to use with their scope. If I go any higher than low rings for most brands I feel that my cheek weld is to high and I don't want to have to use a stock pad or raised height check rest. I figured I wouldn't be able to go any larger than 44mm objectives and clear the barrel but I could be wrong.

Leupold vx-6hd 3-18x44
Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42

I have them both. Nice and light. the razor is a 1" and thus less adjustment. great glass. I use it on my 5-600 yard max gun.
The leupold is nice and light, mor adjustment. nice low profile turret. going on my long range 65GAP. like the glass and turrets. negative points go to the fact that it is 2nd focal pane. Important to me since i usually dont max my magnification (especially in lo light) and i like to hold for wind and or closer shots.
tiem will tell if i need to buy a march...

SnT

Look into the Ziess V6 and V4 scopes in the Conquest line. I have used a lot of different scopes including Nightforce, Huskemaw, Leupold, Swarovski, Vortex and most of the more popular brands in the mid range. My old Ziess Conquest 4.5-14x40 is about as clear and easy to use and throw up to my shoulder and have a clear sight picture as any I have ever used. They are awesome scopes and really light weight. The price point on them are pretty reasonable too. When considering that you want to shoot long range and keep it light, I think it would be a great option for you. I believe the 6-24x50 is only 28 oz. and has 100 moa of internal adjustment. All for around $1,400.00
When considering mounts I would run the Talley lightweight integral mounts. I have several of them on my guns and can run a Low with a 50mm objective on a scope with a 30mm tube. That is on guns with a heavy varmint barrel.
I think for weight and performance on a gun like that the Ziess mounted in a set of Talley's will be about as good as it gets. It will accommodate everything you are looking for weight and performance wise, and within a really reasonable budget.

Is yours the same as mine? Any pics? How do you like it? I haven't messed with the Huskemaws much. How does it compare to Nightforce glass?
I believe so, model 92 6.5x284. I can take a picture for you later. I am told the glass is the same in NF and Huskemaw. I can't verify that, but the glass is the best I have used, better than Leupold, Nikon, Vortex, and Zeiss. price point is better than NF. They have worked well for me, I have 5 or 6 of them.

I appreciate all the replies! I think I'd like the max magnification to be 12-15 power.

I was in the same boat not to long ago and wanted to stay under 20 oz and have enough zoom to reach out if needed.

Another option I didn't see listed yet and is a relative bargain (can be had for under $1k) and meets the specs you're looking for is the Nikon Monarch 7 in 3-12x56. Weighs in at a scant 18oz and if you wanted a smaller objective, the weight is even lower. Doesn't have the sexy Zeiss/Nightforce/Leupold/ name but the Monarch 7's are impressive by any standard.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.