Scope for long range

Its personal preferance. I know I'm in the minority, but I like much lower power than most. In fact, I shoot better with lower power. Higher mag just magnifies movement and gets in my head. I preferr 10 to 16x top end. With an appropriate reticle, I have no problem with deer size targets at 10X and 1K.

For the most part, if there's any mirage, above 20x becomes difficult for me to use effectively. That may be different if you can afford $3,000 glass. But in the sub $1000 range, I've found a 5-20 range to be about perfect. When I've owned 25-30x scopes I am never turned up that high.

Ok, .300 win mag. Target 12 x 12 steel plate. 800 to 1200 yds. Still learning. $750.00. Thanks
I would look at the Arken line of scopes. They are in that price range to 24 magnification.
IMG_5991.png

With a 300 Win. Mag - 15x is enough to see your splash (bullet impact) and should have enough field of view to find it. As others have stated, a 4-20 would be good enough. What else you do want is a good range of eye relief at that power.

There are a lot of people who do it with no magnification all the time, so minimum is none.
Slung up too, not even with a bipod! The entire Palma discipline confounds me, I might have to try it at some point 🤣

Ok, .300 win mag. Target 12 x 12 steel plate. 800 to 1200 yds. Still learning. $750.00. Thanks
You should be able to find one of these at a street price around $600-800, the Athlon website is always high comapred to retailers. I have several Athlons, they're good for the price point: