Long range hunting scope

I've been eyeballing the Zeiss CONQUEST V6 3-18x50 Riflescope. They have a sale going that includes for free, if you look at it that way, a pair of 10X42 Terra Binoculars with a purchase of the scope...

I've been eyeballing the Zeiss CONQUEST V6 3-18x50 Riflescope. They have a sale going that includes for free, if you look at it that way, a pair of 10X42 Terra Binoculars with a purchase of the scope...
Zeiss Conquest scopes are phenomenal optics. I have several older Conquests, and they were very underrated, even back then, other than by those who owned/used them. At the gun store we used to sell all types of scope from Tasco, Leupold, NF, Kahles, Zeiss, Swarovski, S&B, etc... The Zeiss Conquests were easily on par with many of the Swarovski optics we compared them side-by-side with.

Check out the IOR Valdada in 3-18x42 35MM Tactical FFP MIL/MIL MP-8 DOT MOD SP reticle (http://www.valdada.com/tactical-scopes/?sort=featured&page=2)

or

the SFP version, MOA/MOA illuminated MP-8 (http://www.valdada.com/3-18x42-35mm-tactical-sfp-moa-moa-illuminated-mp-8-dot-sf/). I have older version of this in 4-14 but in 30MM and they are simply awesome.

Cheers!
I have two of the IOR tactical 4-14x50's with the MP-8 and one of the 6-24x50's. Great scopes. Heavy for sure, but they are built like tanks and have been flawless.

Zeiss Conquest scopes are phenomenal optics. I have several older Conquests, and they were very underrated, even back then, other than by those who owned/used them. At the gun store we used to sell all types of scope from Tasco, Leupold, NF, Kahles, Zeiss, Swarovski, S&B, etc... The Zeiss Conquests were easily on par with many of the Swarovski optics we compared them side-by-side with.
I have several too and love them but they have very limited adjustment due to the 1" tubes so they are not exactly ideal for anyone shooting most calibers beyond about 600 yards.

I have several too and love them but they have very limited adjustment due to the 1" tubes so they are not exactly ideal for anyone shooting most calibers beyond about 600 yards.
Yep, that is one of the only limitations I have found with them as well. Limited reticle options, and few offerings with target turrets are the other ones. Even my Conquest 3-12x56 FFP with the 30mm tube still has VERY limited adjustment. Being that they do have limited erector movement, if they're not going to improve on that, I'd love to see them offer more BDC/MOA/MRAD reticle options and more models with target turrets for those who use their scopes for longer range hunting/shooting.

Yep, that is one of the only limitations I have found with them as well. Limited reticle options, and few offerings with target turrets are the other ones. Even my Conquest 3-12x56 FFP with the 30mm tube still has VERY limited adjustment. Being that they do have limited erector movement, if they're not going to improve on that, I'd love to see them offer more BDC/MOA/MRAD reticle options and more models with target turrets for those who use their scopes for longer range hunting/shooting.
The 600, 800, and 1,000yd reticles work pretty well. Setting up your initial zero properly is the only real hitch.

Only a handful of people will ever take a shot beyond 600yds so it really doesn't matter to over 99% of the market.

The new Conquests have a 30mm tube, some new reticle choices and they claim to have 103 MOA for the elevation. I would think 103 MOA would be more than adequate for most long range situations. For you Conquest guys, what are yer thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.