New Remarms Remington 700 375 H&H 1-8 Twist?

It still amazes me the people who are afraid to spin a bullet because it doesn't align with the old ways of crappy bullet designs. What's going to happen, it's going to have .1" more spin drift at 400 yards? But you can shoot any bullet you want and a faster spinning bullet has been shown to do more terminal damage.

There's literally no downside to this.

The .375 is a reallllllllllly long cartridge. I'm all down for a flatter shooting .375 H&H. So, if you have long, high BC bullets, how do you fit the cartridge in a magazine?

Some people are using the .375 H&H for very heavy-bullet subsonic loads.

If subsonic is their intent, why doesn't this rifle have a threaded barrel?

The .375 is a reallllllllllly long cartridge. I'm all down for a flatter shooting .375 H&H. So, if you have long, high BC bullets, how do you fit the cartridge in a magazine?

If subsonic is their intent, why doesn't this rifle have a threaded barrel?

A lot of coppers need a faster twist that aren't crazy long or high BC.

Regardless, even if you don't shoot bullets that need an 8 twist what is it hurting by being an 8 twist? You still have the benefit of the higher RPM's for terminal performance with any bullet you shoot out of it and it's a hunting round.

It still amazes me the people who are afraid to spin a bullet because it doesn't align with the old ways of crappy bullet designs. What's going to happen, it's going to have .1" more spin drift at 400 yards? But you can shoot any bullet you want and a faster spinning bullet has been shown to do more terminal damage.

There's literally no downside to this.
Yup, there is a downside to overspinning. Soft jacketed bullets tend to have issues with it, cast bullets skid and show poor accuracy, any imbalance to the bullet will be made worse for accuracy too.. The slightly higher drag from the faster twist won't cut more than a few fps though.

I'm running 8" twist barrels on my 7rum and 7stw; I just don't shoot thin jacketed bullets or cast through them.
I might just buy 1 of the 8" twist 375's just to see whether I need to eat crow on whether the cast bullets will shoot or not.

Yup, there is a downside to overspinning. Soft jacketed bullets tend to have issues with it, cast bullets skid and show poor accuracy, any imbalance to the bullet will be made worse for accuracy too.. The slightly higher drag from the faster twist won't cut more than a few fps though.

I'm running 8" twist barrels on my 7rum and 7stw; I just don't shoot thin jacketed bullets or cast through them.
I might just buy 1 of the 8" twist 375's just to see whether I need to eat crow on whether the cast bullets will shoot or not.
Yep, I'm thinking of buying one once they are in stock on Midway just to test it out. Though, I have zero experience loading for a cartridge that big. But, if it does not work out, I can spin up a new STW or 358 STA barrel since I will have the brass for it.

Regardless, even if you don't shoot bullets that need an 8 twist what is it hurting by being an 8 twist? You still have the benefit of the higher RPM's for terminal performance with any bullet you shoot out of it and it's a hunting round.
I have no argument against anything you've stated if you're using a copper projectile. There is no benefit of extra spin on a lead based bullet unless you run long, high BC bullets for a better trajectory. But…you can't run your cartridge in the included mag.

Cutting Edge Bullet
Here's an example of a high BC copper projectile for a .375. As per the manufacture, you only need a 1:10" twist…and you won't fit the cartridge in a magazine with this bullet. So, you have BDL rifle where you can't use the magazine if you're trying to optimize the twist.
Shrugs GIF

Yep, I'm thinking of buying one once they are in stock on Midway just to test it out. Though, I have zero experience loading for a cartridge that big. But, if it does not work out, I can spin up a new STW or 358 STA barrel since I will have the brass for it.
Just think 300 grain pills and powders like 4895, v540, rl15 and you will be fine. It's a long powder column so I use a mag. primer even though the powders it uses aren't that hard to light.

IMG_4533.jpeg

My current load is a 235 grn TSX pushed along at 2975 fps by 77.5 grn of IMR 4895. CAOL is 3.750". I shot a .75" group at 100 yards last week with this load.