375 H&H 235 grain Barns

mrtom57

Has anyone heard any info on the 235 grain Barns load for 375 H&H made by Doubletap? Unfortunately I'm not a hand loader so am at the mercy of factory ammo.

Has anyone heard any info on the 235 grain Barns load for 375 H&H made by Doubletap? Unfortunately I'm not a hand loader so am at the mercy of factory ammo.

Doubletap ammo is supposed to be good ammo but your rifle will ultimately decide what it
will shoot well. the standard bullet weight for the 375 is the 270gr and most rifles are built
(Twist rate) arround this weight but you should be able to shoot lighter bullets and recoil will
be less.

There is a lot of ammo brands to chose from for the 375 that perform well and have premium
bullets loaded in them. (A must for dangerous game).

J E CUSTOM

mrtom,
what are you intending to shoot with it? Big north american species, african plains game or African DG ?

My experience is with the 270 Barnes only, downside is I handload and cant comment on the exact brand and bullet youve asked about.

The 270 gr is becoming more popular with the African DG guys because their terminal performance is exceptional, Ive heard of complete pass throughs on shoulder shots Cape Buffalo which no small animal, now with the 300gr on the books too no doubt that will become a big contender for the likes of Bear Claws etc which are the more traditonal big bore bullets used on DG.

If your rifle likes them and they fit the bill for the game your after (any thing other than DG they will be fine IMHO) use them, I would, they are a good bullet.

All the best
300WSMMAD

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.