Long range Hunting Scopes

Bushnell Elite 6500 Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 2.5-16x 50mm Side Focus Fine Multi-X Reticle Matte

$780 @ midway, probably find it little cheaper somewhere else, played with one in my local shop the turrets are REALLY easy to set a zero on, and will make a really nice multi gun scope for that reason. probably my next purchase if i stay on a crappy budget, really want to get a nightforce lol :D gun)
the reticle is second focal plane. but that's ok; its a duplex, you cant range with it any way, and if you have a range finder you can just dial corrections quickly! really really clear too!

I had been watching this scope. It appears to be right up your alley. I found a deal on another IOR 6-24x50 locally and bought it instead.

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170716475161&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123]eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices[/ame]

It looks like it's likely going to sell well within your price range.

a couple ways you can go, for big game you can do a scope with holdover points or use a CDS or turret style scope. I use my scopes for coyote hunting so I personally prefer adjusting a turret with a zero stop. because I am trying to hit a small target. for me right now that is a CDS 3.5-10x40 on my 270 win, and a modified mark 4, 4.5-14x 40 TMR reticle and zero stop. the mark 4 would be alot better scope if I had more FOV on the low end, thats its main shortcoming.

or you can get a ballistic reticle scope. I helped a buddy get setup with his 308 for an elk hunt, he had a vortex diamond back with their BDC reticle, while its not a scope I would pick or recommend, before the day was out he was drilling my 12" steel gong at 450 yards. the hold over points IMO work fine for a large target like big game out to at least 500 yards. and honestly thats probably the furthest an unskilled shooter should be shooting at anything at.

for a simple setup I am a big fan of the bushnell elites. perhaps one of their scopes with BDC reticle might suit your needs.

ok guys, thanks for all the info...there are so many scopes out there.....I have another option was recomended to me by a freind that sights rifles in......it is a Burris black diamond 4x16x50, with a 30mm tube.....how does this scope compare with the zeis conqeust 4.4x14x44

ok guys, thanks for all the info...there are so many scopes out there.....I have another option was recomended to me by a freind that sights rifles in......it is a Burris black diamond 4x16x50, with a 30mm tube.....how does this scope compare with the zeis conqeust 4.4x14x44
it is selling for $700

Bottom line? It doesnt! BUT..that dont mean its not good and wont fulfill all of your needs.

Quality of the glass would be the major difference.

One problem with Burris is that it's hard to get flip open scope covers to work right on the eye piece due to the fact that the whole eyepiece rotates when you adjust the power setting as well.

thanks again........I am going to see if I cann find a way to check out this zeis....I have already had the Burris in my hands........I thought it was very clear, I cant wait to look through the zeis....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.