Long range first hit mathematical forumulas

Re: Long range first hit mathematical formulas

[ QUOTE ]
BB question....

out here humidity deosn't play in as a factor we are dry as a bone..
I am wondering though....lets say we take our rifles to Alabama and humidity is 95% I think it would affect the trajectory.. no?

[/ QUOTE ]

It does effect it, but if I remember right it is less than, or about, an inch at 1000 yards.

I have Horus Vision scopes on all my long range rifles. Using there program in my palm along with a Kestrel I manage to save the few brain cells I have left.

If you just have to have some math to do... here Is a thread I started on wind angles. In here is the math for calculating windage values for oblique, and other wind angles...
http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...=true#Post62421
But in all honesty, I usually go afield with my palm... and backup laminated come up cards.

From my hero Daniel Lilja[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> As an aside, many people think that humidity has an effect on air density, and it does. But it's effect is really insignificant (no more than 1%) and in the opposite direction of what is commonly thought. That is, the more water there is in the air, the less dense that parcel of air is. … It is for that very reason that clouds float and steam rises.

Newbie here and first post. I guess I have a lot to learn. Based upon the information given, my ability, code of ethics, and gear; I wouldn't take the shot. There are just too many variables. Those variables, in combination with the accuracy of my rifle and my hold, have too high a probability of crippling the animal.

If you don't have a palm and Exbal program you can go to JBM's website and type in the hunting conditions elev., temp, pressure, etc. I have always had good luck and always been on target, I like to always confirm real world Zero's(100,300,500,700 yds) on hunting location before getting serious about killing game.

I'm on "manual exbal". But I've pre-done all the calculations for the separate variables in desirable gradiations. Read from standard atmosphere comeup, then read temperature/ airpressure and the corresponding correction this involves to standard. The math involved is probably the same as you do as US/British/Norwegian training is drafted from the same blueprint.
It works.

In the book 93 confirmed kills, hathcock tells the s.w.a.g. thing to an interrogation marine after wacking someone at 1150 yards. Without a doubt he was the best. I can't imagine how much shooting he had done in his lifetime. Many times more than I'll ever do.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.