First long range harvest

JJMoody

Last hour of deer season this year and my wife's friend really needed some freezer fill. We had been watching some better bucks in the area but this guy was right in our line of travel at 725 yds. I had the two girls spotting for me when we set up and let er rip. 250SMK at 3000fps out of my 340 WBY, Buck jumped up and kicked hard then ran to the edge of a canyon where he wobbled fell over and kicked his last. Smallest deer I've ever killed but the shot was my trophy. The bullet double lunged him but penciled through leaving a 338 cal hole in and out. Jury is still out on bullet performance as it slipped through ribs on both sides, but I really would've hoped for some expansion. It worked phenomenally well on my backcountry bull elk hunt earlier in October. After I got started to work on him I sent my wife and her friend over the hill where they were able to harvest another doe at last light. Freezers are now at capacity!! image.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.