Long range 6mm hunting bullets

https://bergerbullets.com/product/6-mm-115-grain-very-low-drag-vld-hunting/ just make sure you keep the velocity under 3,250 fps. They have a very thin cover and tend to disintegrate coming out of the muzzle if you load them faster.
Good to know, I shoot 105 hunting bergers @ 3175 so pretty close. Still wonder about hog hogh shoulder shots though. Don't want any animal suffering on account of my ignorance.
Would be much easier though, the shoulder doesn't move much the head/neck does.

105 Berger VLD hunting. We've shot a couple deer and antelope with awesome results at 6 creed speeds around 3100 and 6 dasher speeds at 2940. Decent little buck last year 765 yards with dasher right in the shoulder. Dead. We Shot 2 black bears in '17 with them in 6 creed and 243. The smaller bear at about 200 yards blew a 3-4" exit out the opposite side and died fast. My bear was around 160lb female at 245y and quartering away hard. Bullet entered behind the ribs and destroyed everything inside and stopped in the offside shoulder .. bear went about 10 yards and piled up .. they work great on coyotes too. Last Monday shot a coyote with 6 dasher at 245 in the chest very slight quarter to me. Came out behind his ribs and drug all guts out the 5" hole. Same morning buddy shot one broadside at 150 right behind the shoulder. 3-4" exit hole. We love these bullets
2127BA02-5D82-41F5-85D8-995AFF130F70.jpeg
1D00313B-0523-4952-9A84-1BFC1791B9DA.jpeg

Last edited:
105 Berger VLD hunting. We've shot a couple deer and antelope with awesome results at 6 creed speeds around 3100 and 6 dasher speeds at 2940. Decent little buck last year 765 yards with dasher right in the shoulder. Dead. We Shot 2 black bears in '17 with them in 6 creed and 243. The smaller bear at about 200 yards blew a 3-4" exit out the opposite side and died fast. My bear was around 160lb female at 245y and quartering away hard. Bullet entered behind the ribs and destroyed everything inside and stopped in the offside shoulder .. bear went about 10 yards and piled up .. they work great on coyotes too. Last Monday shot a coyote with 6 dasher at 245 in the chest very slight quarter to me. Came out behind his ribs and drug all guts out the 5" hole. Same morning buddy shot one broadside at 150 right behind the shoulder. 3-4" exit hole. We love these bullets View attachment 296304View attachment 296305
Need to hear from hog hunters that have used the shoulder shot, definitely seems to work on thinner skinned animals though. 😁Thanks!

Berger's 108 grain Elite Hunters with, a .559 BC would be MY choice in, a 1-7.5 Twist, .243, 6 XC or, Creed out past, 500 yds, "maybe" on, Big Mule deer but,.. WHY ?? I have, a .270 WSM launching .528 BC Classic Hunter, 140's at, 3,185 FPS for,.. THAT !
They are, still going, OVER 2,000 FPS at,.. 800 Yards IF, I wanted to shoot past 500 at, a Deer !
.243's etc.,.. AIN'T,.. a "Cannon" !

You've got a lot of input here, but I can also vouch for the old 105 AMax. I bought 1500 of them when I rebarreled my 243 win 8twist. I never could stabilize the 115 Berger and the 105 Berger didn't seem as consistent for me.

I have taken deer 25-550yds with starting velocities at 3000 and 3150fps. Used R17 and now R26. Sea level to 2500msl.

Good to know, I shoot 105 hunting bergers @ 3175 so pretty close. Still wonder about hog hogh shoulder shots though. Don't want any animal suffering on account of my ignorance.
Would be much easier though, the shoulder doesn't move much the head/neck does.
I think the worry with the Berger is not will it do the job through the shoulder, it will! The problem maybe doing too good of a job, they tend to fragment after penetration so may make a mess of the meat!

I think the worry with the Berger is not will it do the job through the shoulder, it will! The problem maybe doing too good of a job, they tend to fragment after penetration so may make a mess of the meat!
The 105 Hybrids seem to hold up better than the hunting one. For me they do anyways. I just used the 6.5 144 Hybrid, opened the tip some and it performed excellent. No where's near the fragmenting and dropped a SpeedGoat in its tracks at 564 yards.

I use 105 bergers also out of 6mm creed at 3175fps on hogs. Head or neck shot has immediate DOA. Don't know about shoulder, I always aim so I don't have to track at night.
I'm in concurrence with a 6mm not sure I would take a distance shot into bone. Any of the small cal light weight Bullets would fragment into bone. Animals can travel great distances and fast on three legs!

I'm in concurrence with a 6mm not sure I would take a distance shot into bone. Any of the small cal light weight Bullets would fragment into bone. Animals can travel great distances and fast on three legs!
Well with the exception of a speed goat, they tend to be pretty fragile a well placed shoulder shot usually messes them up pretty good