Large bore coyote kills

460 Weatherby does surprisingly little damage. Small hole in and out but coyotes have never taken a step after being hit. We used to shoot them LD with 300 Win and 147 grain BT FMJs. 800-1000 yards they are good on pelts and the yotes don't go anywhere 95% of the time. Odd one would run a short ways when heart shot. If you shot them under 150 yards with the 300 win, not at all fur friendly even with the solid bullet.

If you have pics of the kill it would be pretty neat to see. I have not seen any kills on this forum with the .460 Weatherby.

yes it will if you hit it properly. a 22 will kill a deer if you hit it properly. a gun is a gun and if you hit something properly with the bullet you are shooting you will most likely kill it.

If you like damage, the most damage I ever saw on a coyote was fron a 444 marlin shooting 240 grain pistol bullets at 2400 ft/sec. The coyote was almost cut in half.

J E CUSTOM

30cal leaves a nice hole. 150gr interlock.
upload_2019-5-4_22-1-56.jpeg
upload_2019-5-4_22-3-31.jpeg

Am I seeing that bottom picture wrong or did you somehow manage to actually shoot his nuts off? I've never seen them fly out they're side before.
Not sure, I didn't take time to look. This was the most disgusting, horrid, mange, awful creature I've seen... I actually did him a favour.

As my only hunting caliber since 1982 is a 3/8" bore (.375)....I've killed several coyotes and a fox or two with them. Ranges are from about 20 feet (straight down), to most recent at around 285 yards. Bullets used range from Hornady 270 SP's, and Barnes X's (the original X to the TTSX's) and one with a 285 grain cast bullet! None where especially spectacular kills. Had the one taken at 285 yards, been a lot closer....it may have been much more impressive, as the launch speeds for the 250 TTSX's I'm presently using is 3130 fps from my .375 AI. memtb

I'll be perfectly honest with you, I really want to empty a yote out with my 300RUM and 230 Bergers.

Here's my 300RUM pushing 230 berger OTM's and a coyote... Coyote was running straight at me, at 50 yards. Hit him square in the chest, bullet made NO EXIT. Left hindquarter and back felt like bag of jello with gravel in it. Swelled him up so big on impact it actually split the hide, but didn't "dump" anything. A few inches lower and it would have been nasty.

upload_2019-7-2_22-10-49.jpeg

Here's my 300RUM pushing 230 berger OTM's and a coyote... Coyote was running straight at me, at 50 yards. Hit him square in the chest, bullet made NO EXIT. Left hindquarter and back felt like bag of jello with gravel in it. Swelled him up so big on impact it actually split the hide, but didn't "dump" anything. A few inches lower and it would have been nasty.

View attachment 139978
Nicely done!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.