Large bore coyote kills

jbs2014

Any of you guys got any coyote kills with .338 and above? Care to share some pics.

I would love to see them

A buddy of mine shot one with a 30-06 in the front shoulder, blew a hole the size of a pop can in him... Wish I still had my old phone with the picture on it.

Look up "The Dartman and the neighbor" on youtube. He uses a 338

I think he is the one I watched shoot one at 1200 yards or so. This was a couple of years ago. His neighbor shoots a 243 and has some nice long shots also. If memory serves????????

I hunt Cats and Wolves with both of my 30 cal's,,, the FMJ helps reduce pelt tear,,, a person gets good at stretching them back into place... Ha.

Find what works and get at it.

I think he is the one I watched shoot one at 1200 yards or so. This was a couple of years ago. His neighbor shoots a 243 and has some nice long shots also. If memory serves????????
The neighbor also has used a 300win mag. They have a bunch of videos that show long shots. Neat stuff for sure

I shoot a few every year while hunting black bears. Shot 1 with my 300 RUM last fall. It was a 200 grain Sierra & it just penciled through but he died in his tracks.

Really, I would have thought that a .300 RUM and a 200 grain Sierra would have made a nice splat.

325WSM w/200gr NPs- almost cuts them in half at less than ~75yds~ with a good rib cage shot. Big holes past that.

338LM w/300gr NABs- what do you think it does?

Shots to the hard drive with either one are not what I'd call "made for TV"

This was a long time ago... just over 1,000 yards 300gr SMK out of a .338 edge

Attachments

• CFE7CB4E-1522-46CD-963B-C57C0AC6ECD3.jpeg
    CFE7CB4E-1522-46CD-963B-C57C0AC6ECD3.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 480
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.