LA Short Mag?

25 Otter

Hey all. Has anyone here ever put a 300 WSM in a long action? I have a 300 Ultra Mag M700 that I no longer want,and am thinking of building a 300 WSM. Throated out some for these sexy new bullets thay make these days. There sure is a bunch of room available in the LA M700. Maybe too much. The round seems to feed very well. Not popping loose from the rails until the bullet is started in. Just curious if anybody here has any experiance with the like. My Ultra is in excellent condition and I'd love to utilize it.

Its not a problem at all, its actually good if your chamber is throated to seat 208 amaxs or 210-230 berger out to where the bt is at the neck/shoulder junction because you will be approaching a 3.1" oal and won't work in a short action. I had one on a LA savage, it worked great.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that. It just seems a little off the wall,but I think it will work really well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts