short mag build

IMG_0557.PNG

The above mentioned rifle.

I'm thinking about building a short action mag similar to what's being discussed and using AICS mags.

Can the .300 WSM be loaded effectively with 210-215 grain bullets and fit properly in an AICS mag?

I'm also considering a few short 7mm mags as well but I have always been more interested in the .300 WSM.

I'm thinking about building a short action mag similar to what's being discussed and using AICS mags.

Can the .300 WSM be loaded effectively with 210-215 grain bullets and fit properly in an AICS mag?

I'm also considering a few short 7mm mags as well but I have always been more interested in the .300 WSM.
The Sherman Short Family will work with no hassle. My 2 cents.

PH

Here is my 7WSM I just finished yesterday. Was a year long project. It's big brother in 300WSM is almost done also. Details below.

8.25 twist Poof Sendero light 22" barrel/24" with APA LB brake
Gunwerks Action GRB
TriggerTech Primary
Mark 5 3.5-18 with Tremor reticle and 20moa mounts
Warne 35mm rings
Iota Krux stock.

92602A6B-9217-4A5B-A000-D12A14D9687D.jpeg
8DF4B3DC-7B8F-41C6-A731-12FC4D7519CA.jpeg

Last edited:
He pulls them apart to get the brass, he doesn't want to waste barrel life on shooting factory ammo that doesn't perform.
Ok, I Understand that could be an issue if you shoot a lot and use the same gun for most of your shooting. I have several different calibers and spread my shooting among them for the exact same reason so as to not burn my barrels out, especially on my favorite hunting rifles.

A caliber (7mm, 180gr) driven by a WSM or SAUM, carbon wrap barrel, carbon fiber stock. A good 700 yrd rifle. Don't forget the weight of the glass and not just the scope as you will need to carry spotter to judge animals at that yardage.

Recent Posts