short mag build

IMG_0557.PNG

The above mentioned rifle.

I'm thinking about building a short action mag similar to what's being discussed and using AICS mags.

Can the .300 WSM be loaded effectively with 210-215 grain bullets and fit properly in an AICS mag?

I'm also considering a few short 7mm mags as well but I have always been more interested in the .300 WSM.

I'm thinking about building a short action mag similar to what's being discussed and using AICS mags.

Can the .300 WSM be loaded effectively with 210-215 grain bullets and fit properly in an AICS mag?

I'm also considering a few short 7mm mags as well but I have always been more interested in the .300 WSM.
The Sherman Short Family will work with no hassle. My 2 cents.

PH

Here is my 7WSM I just finished yesterday. Was a year long project. It's big brother in 300WSM is almost done also. Details below.

8.25 twist Poof Sendero light 22" barrel/24" with APA LB brake
Gunwerks Action GRB
TriggerTech Primary
Mark 5 3.5-18 with Tremor reticle and 20moa mounts
Warne 35mm rings
Iota Krux stock.

92602A6B-9217-4A5B-A000-D12A14D9687D.jpeg
8DF4B3DC-7B8F-41C6-A731-12FC4D7519CA.jpeg

Last edited:
He pulls them apart to get the brass, he doesn't want to waste barrel life on shooting factory ammo that doesn't perform.
Ok, I Understand that could be an issue if you shoot a lot and use the same gun for most of your shooting. I have several different calibers and spread my shooting among them for the exact same reason so as to not burn my barrels out, especially on my favorite hunting rifles.

A caliber (7mm, 180gr) driven by a WSM or SAUM, carbon wrap barrel, carbon fiber stock. A good 700 yrd rifle. Don't forget the weight of the glass and not just the scope as you will need to carry spotter to judge animals at that yardage.