Kill the wolf?

Sherm,you can get a packet of the proposals and hand it in at HQ.Isuggest you do with your comments,Im working on mine Saturday,has to be in by 22.Ishould done head count 40 maybe.

Thanks for the reminder guys.
We here in Idaho have until the 12th to get comments in on their new Moose management plans.
I have not read them yet but come guys from Idaho let's take a look and let F&G know what you think

Sherm,you can get a packet of the proposals and hand it in at HQ.Isuggest you do with your comments,Im working on mine Saturday,has to be in by 22.Ishould done head count 40 maybe.

What all was said about their wolf proposals? Did they give a reason for cutting the 313 and 316 quotas?
Were there any Commissioners that seemed to support the cuts? Those will be the ones we'll want to focus on both in this fight but also in the future.

Did they have any other proposals or discussions to take note of?

Thanks for the update, SP!

Thank you.

Is it legal to hunt them at night.

Some of us have long range thermal and or night vision and would enjoy smoking them.
It is legal to hunt them on private property at night as long as you have written permission from the property owner on your person. National and State owned properties are treated just like the BLM and forbids night hunting. We were able to get the Idaho Fish &Game Commission to allow for electronic calling a couple of years ago which helped. I have a friend who has been successful calling them using coyote yelps and howling. They hate coyotes in their hunting area and will kill them immediately. He also has a coyote decoy that he has electronically enhanced to lure them in.

These hurdles are why we hunt coyotes at night here in the southeastern US . If you cant killum the "sporting" way, you play the same game the wolves play.
We do the same thing here but it requires written permission from the landowner. As you are aware, you can get really close to them at night but because we have so many, I kill most in early morning and late afternoon.

Mtpockets.Most meeting covered region 1,boundary adjustments,certain cow seasons,which locals against because so few elk,less a big herd on private.Shoulder seasons,lots changes on those.I would get the packet and turn in by 22,or you can do it online I guess. The wolf quota you could tell was political,with that being a wildlife veiwing area,for all.The comments where recorded,and room always has a diverse group.I grew up in NWMT and spoke on general thoughts,how I always had success.The very large amounts of game Ive seen,my hunting track record.Hunts seeing many as seven bulls a day,trophy caliber deer etc.All this in a wilderness area mountain setting,how this year on a 11 mile hike,I saw one mule deer track.Last 19 hunts over last 5 years,I said area I saw one cow elk.I shot alot of game in this once game rich area and never put a dent in it.What was nice was a local outfitter,that likes the high country echoed the same thing.We dont even have enough high mountain muleys in those areas to have a season.

Dave, this is the point i wont cross. As i said in an earlier post, pay attention to current events, particularly disclosures from our navy . Im not going to put myself out there for ridicule . Its not a subject thats widely accepted as anything less than science fiction, but when our own military confesses that they are stumped , its time to pay attention. Ask yourself why anyone would want to corral mankind into concentration camps and reduce human numbers, like we arent the top species on the planet. Every government on this rock has recently released classified files confirming a subject that had been denied as being legit by world governments for many years. Open your mind and give it some critical thought.
Then PM me. I'm aware of the Navy footage you are referring to. I was in the Navy. I've seen things too. I understand your desire to avoid ridicule. It is hard to find someone to have an educated conversation about this topic. Please PM me. Thanks.

Mtpockets.Most meeting covered region 1,boundary adjustments,certain cow seasons,which locals against because so few elk,less a big herd on private.Shoulder seasons,lots changes on those.I would get the packet and turn in by 22,or you can do it online I guess. The wolf quota you could tell was political,with that being a wildlife veiwing area,for all.The comments where recorded,and room always has a diverse group.I grew up in NWMT and spoke on general thoughts,how I always had success.The very large amounts of game Ive seen,my hunting track record.Hunts seeing many as seven bulls a day,trophy caliber deer etc.All this in a wilderness area mountain setting,how this year on a 11 mile hike,I saw one mule deer track.Last 19 hunts over last 5 years,I said area I saw one cow elk.I shot alot of game in this once game rich area and never put a dent in it.What was nice was a local outfitter,that likes the high country echoed the same thing.We dont even have enough high mountain muleys in those areas to have a season.
I spoke on the Muley numbers st last years meeting, our Region 1 numbers of Mule deer are horrible.
The response I got from the F@G was we dont like to take opportunity away.
My response was your doing the same thing over and over and were getting the same results dont you think it's time to do something different before there isnt any opportunity for anybody, CRICKET'S!!

After meeting a guy told me an aerial count ,went from 42,to 2 on Whitefish range.Another guy told me a young guide friend has place in MFork and hunted it hard,this season, without seeing a muley buck.This area has produced dozens of 200'' muleys

I spoke on the Muley numbers st last years meeting, our Region 1 numbers of Mule deer are horrible.
The response I got from the F@G was we dont like to take opportunity away.
My response was your doing the same thing over and over and were getting the same results dont you think it's time to do something different before there isnt any opportunity for anybody, CRICKET'S!!

It's not that they want to reduce opportunity- they are doing that already- they just don't want to reduce the licenses bought.

What they don't seem to understand is reduced game equals reduced licenses bought.

A looooong time ago.They should have made restrictions on this side,6 pt rule,shorter season,manage for trophy,as it all helps the game in that area.Such as how there are more areas that do this on east side.Not everywhere but a few more.And not just in a mostly privat earea like the bitteroot muley zone

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.