Kill the wolf?

Wolfs:

I have hunted Montana for over 18 years now.
Two things have been happening. 1. wolfs packs and 2. Fish & Game department+ Governor.

It was set that only 10- 15 packs of wolfs were to in Montana. Now there something like 300 packs across the state. It was until a few years ago that we could hunt the Dam things. Now the standard joke is" Have you got your Wolf tag?. Yes a box of 20. No tags just a box of 20. The Rocky Mountain Elk Group supported the placement of wolfs in the states. Now they talk a different story. I don't belong to the Rock Mountain Elk Group anymore.

2. Montana Fish & Game: They have been allowing over kill of elk for almost the same amount of time. Some area during rifle season any elk was legal. If they really did a real count of Elk being taken instead of hit and miss there would be big shock. Here a few years ago a large number of Montana Biologist left ( they saw it coming and couldn't get it turned around) over what the governor did and is still doing. Between the Wolfs, Bears, and Fish & Game, they have almost belong the point of return.

Moose: They're almost gone. 15+ years ago I couldn't hardly walk anywhere hunting, nor drive anywhere without seeing Moose. Good Luck Now. Montana Fish & Game is blaming the Climate change. ********!

I really kind feel that the Moose should be listed as endangered and the Season closed for a few years and maybe more. Hell no that would mean that the wolfs would have to be taken out or shot out across the state and several other state. The wolfs have now into California ( or as I call it California). Colorado is trying to put in Wolfs now in that state.

Back to the Wolfs: Packs wolfs have killed sheep at times up to 125 at one time. They left them lay. Big Horn Sheep up to 25 at times. They also kill anything that is competition with them. Take the Mountain Lion that generally take a deer a week, now kills far more, because the wolfs take their kill away from the Lion.

It's would be fine if they could kept the Wolfs inside the National Parks. No they didn't and the tree huger stop the hunting the wolfs in courts for years.

Here a few years ago Fish & Game in Montana tried to put in a wolf stamp for $10.00 for anybody could buy to help the wolfs. I attended spoke at meeting in Missoula, MT at the time, along with several others, and on both sides. It didn't pass THANK GOD.

Wyoming got it right. If I remember correctly, Wolf hunting is allowed 24/7/366 days a year, except for around the National Parks. Idaho sell their tags to out-of-stater at a reasonable price. Not like Montana at $300.00+ to out of stater.

Mike
I am almost 72 years old now. Have been hunting from age 10.

Here in north Idaho there are more hound hunters out there than I can ever remember and I have good friends with good hounds and believe me this croc that fish and game is trying to get you to believe about the Black Bears and lions being a big problem is just that, a bunch of croc! It's their way of trying to get us to turn down the heat on them for the wolf problem.
With all the extended seasons and extra tags that are now available for Lion and Bear they are going to have another issue created by themselves with too low of population of them.

I am out for the day...
Merry Christmas to all of you!

From the article 300whisper posted:

""RMEF contributed to a tremendous body of scientific work with wolves over the years," said David Allen, RMEF president and CEO. "Today's leading wolf experts, including those directly involved with wolf reintroductions since 1995, continue to say that restored wolf populations can and should be managed like other wildlife—and that's the policy that RMEF strongly supports." "

their position is that they think wolves should be managed and have a "wolf fund" to research wolves on how to best manage them. I can see someone reading that title and saying "REMF supports wolves!!!"

http://www.rmef.org/NewsandMedia/Pr...s725,000inGrantstoAdvanceScienceofWolves.aspx
This kind of BS is exactly why the NRA wont budge on gun control laws. Let the antis have an inch , even if the goal is good intended, and the antis will take it over the edge everytime . They lure you in with " common sense " ideology, then they avalanche you with every stupid idea in their feeble minded brains once the door is cracked open.

Other predators are managed. That means hunted. maybe not always in the amount we would like. Like in Oregon where we cannot CURRENTLY hunt wolves. But hopefully in the future we can before considerably damage is done to our wildlife.

Other predators are managed. That means hunted. maybe not always in the amount we would like. Like in Oregon where we cannot CURRENTLY hunt wolves. But hopefully in the future we can before considerably damage is done to our wildlife.
Who runs your state government? If its liberal , dont hold your breath while waiting for a wolf season. Look at actions on how things are handled in your state, because feel good words from politicians aren't worth the toilet paper they are written on. If you live in a liberal run state , anti hunters run you government, period. If you want a wolf season, better vote red in your local states upcoming elections .

Who runs your state government? If its liberal , dont hold your breath while waiting for a wolf season. Look at actions on how things are handled in your state, because feel good words from politicians aren't worth the toilet paper they are written on. If you live in a liberal run state , anti hunters run you government, period. If you want a wolf season, better vote red in your local states upcoming elections .
LOL you do really have to ask who runs Oregon LOL.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.