Kenetrek boot refurbish experience?

Discussion in 'Backpacking Gear & Clothing' started by Rick Richard, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Rick Richard

Rick Richard Well-Known Member

Has anyone had their kenetrek boots refurbished and what were your impressions? Mine are about 5 years old, but only used for a week at a time per year. The soles are worn somewhat and this past season one boot developed a leak.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

2. Aoudad shooter1975

Aoudad shooter1975 Well-Known Member

I have not had the shining experience with kenetrek. I sent back once...came back looked good but the left one leaked...sucked it up and bought a pair of Russell Moccisan grand Slam sheep hunters--been pleased ever since...hope your work out better than mine.

Mike 338 likes this.
  3. JMHNL

JMHNL Well-Known Member

tagging on to this thread. I have a 1yr old pair that has a delam on the front of one of the soles....need to send in at some point soon to fix, I would hope on Kenetrek's dime....

4. Rick Richard

Don't wait too long or you will be paying for it out of your pocket. Warranty is one year or 75% sole reduction as I remember.

5. Rick Richard

Sent then in today, so we will see what they are like when they are returned in 6 to 8 weeks. I will post my first impressions.

6. Rick Richard

Received them back today and all I can say is "OUTSTANDING". I had the right foot toe box reshaped due to it deforming from being to close to a camp fire and regluing the rand back in place. In fact, along with replacing the soles, foot beds and laces it appears they replaced the rand too. They look like new.

7. MH WASH

MH WASH Active Member

What did they charge you?

Mine will need a rebuild soon, just wondering if it's worth it.

8. Rick Richard

It was $175.00. They performed the following:
    1. Leak test
    2. Reshaped the toe box since I got it a bit too close to a camp fire
    3. Repaired the Rand that was coming unglued
    4. Replaced the laces
    5. Replaced the foot beds
    6. Replaced the soles

Very very happy with what they did. My boots came back looking almost as new.

9. codyadams

codyadams Well-Known Member

That is awesome, I just purchased a pair of them, good to know I can get them repaired when I get them wore out for a reasonable price.