Just can't wait any longer have to share my new 300 JAZZ!

308 nate

Just finished her up last night. Did do some testing with the barrel on a different receiver a couple months back. Hopefully will be doing some more testing tomorrow. For tonight I will just tease you with some pix and build specs.:D

Phoenix Eagle action new proto type with 750 bolt
bolt shroud by SSG
bolt fluting by SSG
bolt knob by (LRH member GRIT)
Seekins base
jewel trigger
brux barrel 28"9.5 twist interrupted fluting by Brux #5 contour with 1.290 breech
small X-treme brake by SSG
Manners GAT stock
pillar bedded by SSG
Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NPR1
engraved sunshade by SSG
chambered in 300 JAZZ
designed by SSG and LRH member trueblue
HS bottom metal
will have Seekins rings

.284 JAZZ soon to come by SSG

Would like to give a big thanks to Glen Harrison at Phoenix machine for building great actions and having great customer service. Also to the guys at Brux barrels for making totally awesome barrels and great customer service. And Tom Manners for making great stocks and customer service. It is truly a pleasure to be working with these companies.

Now if that darn gunsmith at SSG could get stuff done on time he would have had this done several months ago..LOL ..check out my post on our winter for one of the reasons I'm behind. i was in the tractor every other day all winter and sometimes 3 times a day just to keep our road somewhat passable.

I'm planning on doing a camo paint job on the stock any suggestions on what colors would go good with the bead blasted stainless???

forg1.jpg

forg5.jpg

forg9.jpg

forg6.jpg

Last edited:
וְקֹויֵ יְהוָה יַחֲלִיפוּ כֹחַ יַעֲלוּ אֵבֶר כַּנְּשָׁרִים יָרוּצוּ וְלֹא יִיגָעוּ יֵלְכוּ וְלֹא יִיעָפוּ׃ פ
but yours is more readable.

It is really nice Nate, almost as nice as the one you gave to me yesterday :D. I love the verse and the call sign. You never cease to amaze me.

How are the Night Force and Jewell treating you Nate? You know NF and jewell were the biggest mistakes I ever made. Once you have one you will want them on all your rifles!!!

Brent

Last edited:
Nate,

Very nice!

The design on the bolt looks familiar! Is that the same diamond pattern that Grit used on a rifle I am now familiar with?? :D

I've seen it before. And it looks vaguely familiar.

And I still have to say, WOW!! It's hard to imagine a finer looking rig. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for paint.

Just remember, you'll be painting two!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.