300 Jazz????

liltank

Okay, I admit defeat when I see it. I was totally sold on just a 300WM to hunt long range. But now that i see the possibilities of shooting 1500+, I have come to a realization that I need more horse power. What can I expect for ballistics with the 300 Jazz pushing a 230-240 grain projectile. I refuse to get a 338. I am not a sheeple!!!!:D

Tank

Why bother with the 300 JAZZ it would be alot easier to build a 300 norma which is very very close in velocity and it uses the same case with no fire forming, Forester do the reloading dies or redding do a S type bushing die, pacific tool and gauge have the reamer as a standard item as well.
210 gr 3100fps
230 gr 3000fps about

Hay, I just got my first 30 cal. It was handed down to me from father inlaw.Model 94 30-30, he had a box of bullets w/ it marked 1983, have to try it out:D

Why bother with the 300 JAZZ it would be alot easier to build a 300 norma which is very very close in velocity and it uses the same case with no fire forming, Forester do the reloading dies or redding do a S type bushing die, pacific tool and gauge have the reamer as a standard item as well.
210 gr 3100fps
230 gr 3000fps about

That sounds about where I need to be. I was thinking that, but then thought the improved version. Do they still make a 300 Lapua?

Tank

The 300 Norma or some improved version is about the only 30 cal that I'm finding interesting, especially with the Berger 230 OTM. My thoughts were to maybe buy a Savage 338 LM then spin up a switch barrel for it in 300 Norma mag improved lightbulb There is some good info on the Hide in the beyond 1000 yards section.

Tank....I have a reamer being made for a 30/375 S.I. which should push my 225's (around .370 G1) at 2950'. I would expect 210's would launch at 3100+. You would still have 1000 ft./lbs. past 1500 yds. This would work in a std. action. I should have the pkg. together by March, but the reamer should be available by the first of the year. The parent case is 375 Ruger but will have a better neck, 40 degree shoulder, and a little less body taper..........Rich

You refuse to get a 338, all I can say.................... I once thought as you do................YOU DON'T KNOW THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE......................Sorry, could not help it...................Duke

210 gr 3100fps
230 gr 3000fps about

Might add here that the .308 Norma has a much better neck design than the .300 Winchester, and handles long bullets much better. Find a can of AA3100 powder (now out of production), and hang on! It will push a 190 grain bullet to 3100fps.
gary

Tank....I have a reamer being made for a 30/375 S.I. which should push my 225's (around .370 G1) at 2950'. I would expect 210's would launch at 3100+. You would still have 1000 ft./lbs. past 1500 yds. This would work in a std. action. I should have the pkg. together by March, but the reamer should be available by the first of the year. The parent case is 375 Ruger but will have a better neck, 40 degree shoulder, and a little less body taper..........Rich

I want to keep in touch. That has me highly interested. I was wondering how that was coming along.

You refuse to get a 338, all I can say.................... I once thought as you do................YOU DON'T KNOW THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE......................Sorry, could not help it...................Duke
Duke.... Luke.... kinda scary!!:D My cousin has a Lapua should I need a 338. I think the 300 Norma or the 30/375 will fill what I need.

Tank

I have a long neck 300 Norma Mag wildcat called a 300xr. With 208 AMAX's & Retumbo I get an avg. of 3157 fps. This load shot so well I quit looking for any more velocity. With this load the primers are still round. I look forward to trying the new 230gr Bergers when they get to my area.
Semper Fi

I have a long neck 300 Norma Mag wildcat called a 300xr. With 208 AMAX's & Retumbo I get an avg. of 3157 fps. This load shot so well I quit looking for any more velocity. With this load the primers are still round. I look forward to trying the new 230gr Bergers when they get to my area.
Semper Fi

What barrel length? Like your handle (WC872) I've shot a little of that:D.......Rich

It's a 28.5" Rock Creek barrel. I am also going to try some N570 in it. It shoots so well I am just tinkering.
Semper Fi

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.