Just can't wait any longer have to share my new 300 JAZZ!

WHERE did you get that bottom metal????? Anyways as usual you made another beuty. on friday we should take it to the range and see what it can do at 1000 yards.

IMG_1016.jpg

300 JAZZ

I must say....that pretty Jazzy......send it on over, I'll break it for ya. Promise to sent it back.gun)gun)gun)

Nate,

Just wondering if the 338 Norma Mag cases are stronger then that companies version of the Lapua Magnum?

I used some of the Norma 338 Lapua cases early on in my development of my 7mm, 300, and 338 and found them to be about the same strength as a Remington RUM case. With my improved case design I was able to get around 100 fps over the RUM chamberings in same caliber but the primer pockets let loose rather rapidly.

Switched to the Lapua cases, gained another 75 to 100 fps over the RUMs and I have yet to loosen a primer pocket to date.

Just wondering if they have improved the head strength of their new 338 Norma Mag case. I assume so since you chose that over the Lapua. I was always impressed with the quality of the Norma cases, just which they would take the top end pressures better. Maybe that has been corrected.

Hell of a rifle by the way.

WOW Nate your metal work is second to none im floored. I love what you are doing with these rifles. I have a Brux on the way and it pleases me that you are so happy with them.

I assume you wrote the prayer with the end mill?

Yes, I took a free hand, typed it up on the computer, converted it to "G" code
and watched and grinned.:D

It is really nice Nate, almost as nice as the one you gave to me yesterday :D. I love the verse and the call sign. You never cease to amaze me.

How are the Night Force and Jewell treating you Nate? You know NF and jewell were the biggest mistakes I ever made. Once you have one you will want them on all your rifles!!!

Brent

Liz and I were out shooting the other night. She was behind the 6x47 with the mark IV on it, after we switched guns and she was spotting with my rifle while I shot the 6x47 she made the comment that she would be taking it and putting it on the rifle she was shooting:D

Nate

I've seen it before. And it looks vaguely familiar.

And I still have to say, WOW!! It's hard to imagine a finer looking rig. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for paint.

Just remember, you'll be painting two!

I'm thinking of black and gray grassy stripes on the green?? maybe

Nate

Maybe I'll change my guess.

300-338Norma Mag?

Boy, you guys are good! and have also been very patient:D
well here is a little info.
Yes, it is a .30-.338 Norma with a 30 degree shoulder instead of a 20
Got out a couple days ago and worked up a load with H-1000 and 210 Bergers.
All load testing was done at 300 yds. and over a crony.
Went from 3150 to 3250. Ended up at 3175 with 89.5 grains of H-1000
.007 off the lands and an E.S of 6FPS for three shots. Group went 1/3moa.

Got out today and tested some with retumbo. this might be the powder to use.
Started with 92 gr. same seating depth and bullet as above. Pressure was less than the H-1000 and gave me 3220 with an E.S in the high teens. Think this could be worked out with a little brass prep and maybe fine tuning the load a little. This group was also sub 1/3 moa.....
more to come.

308nate

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts