It's OK. You can confess to the disease.

My affliction goes kinda like - Wellll, I'll just sell this really old one to pay for this newer one but then when I get the old one out to take pictures for ad, I think - Welllll, I've already paid for that newer one and I'll never get what ( twice as much as older one is really worth) as I think older one is worth and I've already gotten this newer one paid for so I think I'll wait another 25 years for this older one to be worth twice as much as I paid for it. You know ALL guns appreciate in price.

The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. Hello, my name is Dan and I have a problem. It has been 47 days since I bought my last rifle...
I was doing really good. Called my sponsor to get through some tough times. I guess it was the stress of the holidays or what I don't know, but had a setback. Hello. My name is Dan and I have a problem. It has been one day since I bought my last rifle.

I feel a flare up coming on. I've been vaccinated (wife with a cast iron skillet), but I no longer have 30 cal. magnum and keep reading posts on this forum that is causing a relapse.
Magnacron 30 is a very serious and contagious strain and the vaccine (iron skillet) has only proven to be effective for a very short time. I had that early on. the cure was one 30 magnum rifle every 4 months until symptoms subsided. Good luck, I hope you beat it brother.

Hi my name is Aaron and I'm a ballistiholic. I'm new to the forum but not to the affliction of ballistic addiction. I failed to notice the other day that I was having a conversation with myself about my gun safe within earshot of my wife. I uttered the words, "I'll just sell my muzzleloaders!"... She wasn't amused to say the least..lol
I guess I'll have to make a trip to the jewelry store soon. It's amazing what affect diamonds and platinum has on her ☺️

Hi my name is Aaron and I'm a ballistiholic. I'm new to the forum but not to the affliction of ballistic addiction. I failed to notice the other day that I was having a conversation with myself about my gun safe within earshot of my wife. I uttered the words, "I'll just sell my muzzleloaders!"... She wasn't amused to say the least..lol
I guess I'll have to make a trip to the jewelry store soon. It's amazing what affect diamonds and platinum has on her ☺️
Jewelry is just a coverup - just buy the safe. Welcome to the forum

Mine of 33 years made the mistake on July 17, 1997 at 2:08 32 seconds PM of saying "I DONT CARE HOW MUCH YOU SPEND ON GUNS" during one of our more energetic conversations. I dont remember anything else from 1997...thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Jewelry is just a coverup - just buy the safe. Welcome to the forum
I wasn't talking to myself about buying a safe, I was having a conversation with myself on how to make more room in my current safe for new rifles...lol
I live in Indiana, and I primarily hunt deer. My gun collection has evolved with the Indiana hunting regulations. I used modern inline muzzleloaders exclusively for several years. Then moved to straight walled cartridges. Then finally to high velocity rifles, when they were finally allowed.

I have found safes can be a real limiting factor in the severity of the disease. If they were not so expensive and heavy, I would probably be in real trouble. It is very easy to sneak a new rifle in the house. Not so much for a 1000 lb. safe.