Can You Spot the Copperhead

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Here in Georgia we have four snakes to worry about.
Rattler
Copperhead
Water Mockasin
Coral Snake

The are that we live in, we see (or don't see) mostly Copperheads.
Try to find the Copperhead in these leaves.
Weather is getting warmer and snakes will start to become active. Especially be cautious with Turkey Season coming up. Sitting on the ground and next to trees and logs.

Don't look at where the Copperhead really is in pictures at the end. See if you can actually find it.

Last edited:
Wow. I thought it'd be fairly easy. Granted the pic isn't very high resolution but still, crazy.

Side note, I've been wanting to do a copperhead paint scheme on a rifle for so long. Seen a few pics that look ok, but man if somebody really nailed it down it would be awesome. I'm going to try it on an old Tupperware stock I have first, and then maybe on a nice rifle if I can get it down

Thank God those things don't live where I do!

Last year My neighbor called me over to his house. He asked me to look right where he was pointing on the side of his driveway. There were leaves there. I kept looking and finally said what am I looking for? He pointed with a shovel and there was a 2 1/2' FAT Copperhead missing his head. Never saw it.
There are more Copperheads than Rattlers here.
Now I can go south of here to our shooting club and walk through the woods and find a 1/2 dozen Rattlers. They love the Pines.
Black Snakes are all over here. We like them. They eat other snakes.

Last edited:
Makes good bow backing
Screenshot_20201113-063825_Gallery.jpg

Middle of the pic!
I cheated and went to the reveal pic, still could barely make it out.
Short copperhead story, wife was walking her dog on the cart path behind our house one crisp winter morning here in SE Texas.
She came back in the house, disturbed my coffee drinking BTW, and said there was a snake on their walk. So I grabbed a sharp shooter and told her to show me.
We walked up the path a ways to the spot, I looked around and declared that there was no snake there, all the while standing with my heels hanging off the edge of the path.
One more look down at the ground under my heels and there it laid right along the edge of the cart path and fractions of an inch from my feet. Pretty sure I screamed a little like a girl and jumped really high.
It didn't make it, the sharp shooter is the sure demise of a copperhead........once you find it.....

Dang, I can't clearly see it. Is it under the leaves?
It is in the open!
Just "squint" your eyes and focus on the middle of the picture. Even after you find it, and it is a long snake, you can look away and can't find it again!
We have them here and are the most "Afraid of" Snakes.
I can see or hear Rattlers all the time but not Copperheads. They are also FAT and Short.
Our largest Rattler was 67 1/2" with the head cut off and 14 rattlers with the buttons knocked off so maybe 20+++

Attachments

• Rattler.jpg
    Rattler.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 25