It's OK. You can confess to the disease.

Carlos88

You know how it happens. You're at the LGS, the classifieds or a buddies house. Without you suspecting anything you're presented with the question: "Do I buy it? It's a great deal, I don't have one of them but I do have bullets, powder and primers though. Man the sum of the parts is twice the asking price! Where would I find brass? Dies? Oh man......should I? I could do like last time and and put a lampshade on it and tell the wife that I bought it for her (a really nice floor lamp). Never mind she asked about where the last one went. She kind of liked it though."

"OK. I'll take it but I'll have to make payments on the new lamp. What new lamp? says your buddy. The one in your hand I reply. Oh that's right! he shrieks. Worked like a champ last time!"

Madly search the classifieds for brass. No dice. Do the search thing. Bingo! Fellow rifle looney was trying to dispose of some evidence, errr, brass in January. So I breathlessly send a PM shamefully begging for a deal. I'll give you anything you want. PLEASE. I have to have it. I waited 72 HOURS (actually 7.2 minutes) for reply.

"Sure, I'll sell them to you. Less than my last attempt to sell. I know how how you feel. Eyes water, you hear trumpets in the distance, you know, it'll make a great lamp for the wife he says......"

"Dies? I FORGOT to ask about dies! Well I can't go back to the member and ask about them. He might realize I ripped him off. Fleabay it is. After finding them I look at the price and gag. Only set around. Ok, I'll take them (or somesuch)! Looney didn't realize he could've charged me 3 times the asking price. Hehehe....he then sends me a note saying he also has a lamp for sale on LRH. Really? I reply. How much you asking for it?....."

It's a disease. You have it, you know it, embrace it.

Oh. It's a 300 H&H, Mauser action, Douglas air guage #2, 1-10, 24" with a McMillan McWoody. Horrible condition. Only about 99%. Oh the humanity.......and yes I changed the combination to the safe.....

Last edited:
You know how it happens. You're at the LGS, the classifieds or a buddies house. Without you suspecting anything you're presented with the question: "Do I buy it? It's a great deal, I don't have one of them but I do have bullets, powder and primers though. Man the sum of the parts is twice the asking price! Where would I find brass? Dies? Oh man......should I? I could do like last time and and put a lampshade on it and tell the wife that I bought it for her (a really nice floor lamp). Never mind she asked about where the last one went. She kind of liked it though."

"OK. I'll take it but I'll have to make payments on the new lamp. What new lamp? says your buddy. The one in your hand I reply. Oh that's right! he shrieks. Worked like a champ last time!"

Madly search the classifieds for brass. No dice. Do the search thing. Bingo! Fellow rifle looney was trying to dispose of some evidence, errr, brass in January. So I breathlessly send a PM shamefully begging for a deal. I'll give you anything you want. PLEASE. I have to have it. I waited 72 HOURS (actually 7.2 minutes) for reply.

"Sure, I'll sell them to you. Less than my last attempt to sell. I know how how you feel. Eyes water, you hear trumpets in the distance, you know, it'll make a great lamp for the wife he says......"

"Dies? I FORGOT to ask about dies! Well I can't go back to the member and ask about them. He might realize I ripped him off. Fleabay it is. After finding them I look at the price and gag. Only set around. Ok, I'll take them (or somesuch)! Looney didn't realize he could've charged me 3 times the asking price. Hehehe....he then sends me a note saying he also has a lamp for sale on LRH. Really? I reply. How much you asking for it?....."

Oh. It's a 300 H&H, Mauser action, Douglas air guage #2, 1-10, 24" with a McMillan McWoody. Horrible condition. Only about 99%. Oh the humanity.......and yes I changed the combination to the safe.....
Its a disease? And here I thought I had a addiction problem always in search of a fix!

I think I have the infection of which you speak this post is pretty informative ,but your hilarious description is priceless!

One of my worst fears is when I die, my wife will sell all my guns, reloading supplies, guitars, tools, fishing gear and motorcycles for what I told her I paid for them. 😉

Then again, her worst fear is probably me selling her boots, shoes, purses, household nick-nacks and clothes for what she told me she bought them for. 😅

I got a custom last year and as soon as my wife saw it first words with alot of attitude were "what did that cost!" I just froze like she was a T-rex and stared at her. Then I walked out of the room. Plead the 5th. She still doesn't know what I spent and it's staying that way.