It's OK. You can confess to the disease.

I got a custom last year and as soon as my wife saw it first words with alot of attitude were "what did that cost!" I just froze like she was a T-rex and stared at her. Then I walked out of the room. Plead the 5th. She still doesn't know what I spent and it's staying that way.
My wife walked into my gun room when I wasn't home to put some paperwork on the bench that she wanted in the safe. When I got home, all she said was, "there is a lot of money in that room". I didn't respond...

I am sick also. But rather than send me through a myriad of treatment options, please just send me out to pasture and let me die happy.

Unfortunately, I am not good with money and my wife knows it. She has access to my CC account and that keeps me somewhat in check 😢

One of my worst fears is when I die, my wife will sell all my guns, reloading supplies, guitars, tools, fishing gear and motorcycles for what I told her I paid for them. 😉

Then again, her worst fear is probably me selling her boots, shoes, purses, household nick-nacks and clothes for what she told me she bought them for. 😅
I'm curious does anyone else's wife have a closet full of clothes that belong to they're girl friends?

I do have a touch of that same disease. However I found a cure. Take my prescription down to the LGS, fill it with a new lamp. Go home. Then every day for a few weeks take said prescription (go to range) . After your immune system builds a tolerance to the prescription, so it doesn't work any longer, put it in the safe. REPEAT.

I have an AR-15 compulsion. I got it really bad, because I havn't crafted a rifle/carbine/pistol, in over a month! Having had, a 5D jig, since 2018 and having most parts always on hand, feeds the need, when the mood hits me.

Hello, My name is John, and I have a rifle problem. (and a fishing reel problem, and a yada, yada, yada problem).

And I have discovered if I just keep sending my wife out on great hunting trips and fun long range shoots, she is completely accepting of that problem. And I do nothing except compliment her on any new clothes or shoes.

Seems to be working out pretty good for me.