Is this the norm ?

I love how folks are so willing to make up stuff regarding components and price hikes. The truth is people are just willing to pay these higher prices, of course, the gun/ammo industry is going to increase the price to maximize their profits. For every one person that is dropping their jaw at these prices, there are 10 people lining up outside the doors and punching the refresh key to buy them.

The irony of this reloading insanity & outright hoarding and price gouging is.."our fellow shooters have managed to do something the antics couldn't accomplish for decades, stopped us in our tracks"....seems I agree with this statement I saved...thanks fellow reloaded !!

Yeah it sucks. The prices have dropped and seem stuck at 75-80 now. I believe they will drop more like powder and bullets have. The same naysayers on primers said the same about powder and bullets seem to forget they have been wrong so far.
I've been paying $50 a pound for powder when buying single pounds and 70 or $75 for magnum primers for two years these are the average prices for my very small local gun store ,now they are even higher

I love how folks are so willing to make up stuff regarding components and price hikes. The truth is people are just willing to pay these higher prices, of course, the gun/ammo industry is going to increase the price to maximize their profits. For every one person that is dropping their jaw at these prices, there are 10 people lining up outside the doors and punching the refresh key to buy them.
You are correct I'm just curious at what point it will end. much like the pick up truck market a new truck can run from $70-$90,000 this is ridiculous when will people stop buying at these inflated prices and let prices come down?

You are correct I'm just curious at what point it will end. much like the pick up truck market a new truck can run from $70-$90,000 this is ridiculous when will people stop buying at these inflated prices and let prices come down?
I bought a new truck this weekend. What is crazy is the used car market. I traded a 2019 Yukon Carbon edition. It listed for 74k new. the new P/U was 71k and missing several computer chips for the toys on it that will come someday. The Yukon had almost 100k miles on it. All said and done I gave $65k for the new one and they gave me $50k for the old one. they said they would sell the old one in 24hrs. I could not walk away from that deal. The question is who in their right mind would give that much for a wore out Yukon? Guess its the same folks willing to pay $400 for a 8# jug of powder and $150 for a thousand primers. I did the deal because of the 5 planned interest rate hikes this year.

The irony of this reloading insanity & outright hoarding and price gouging is.."our fellow shooters have managed to do something the antics couldn't accomplish for decades, stopped us in our tracks"....seems I agree with this statement I saved...thanks fellow reloaded !!
In an average year, how many rounds do you shoot?
Thanks

I have a friend moving from here to Az.. He was packing up all his reloading equipment and supplies . He kept calling me and saying I had more stuff for you. I bought about $300 worth of bullet's, cases, powder, primers etc.. I sold some of the same for him. 8 pounder or Win 748. 8 ponder of IMR 4831. Kept 8 pounder of Varget.. 30 boxes of unopened bullets . A bunch of full and partial full 1 pounders. Assorted cases , dies, etc. A bunch of stuff. Sold to two friends for total $1050.00 He was shocked . He still had a bunch of bricks of primers and other stuff to get rid of 😳 I brought a buddy over. He bought 6 bricks of primers for $20 apiece ! For helping him he gave me 4 bricks of Rem. 7 1/2 bench rest primers and more bullets and cases. A scope. An old Stevens 20 ga. shotgun, more powder. and a bunch of other stuff. I sold 3 of the bricks of primers for $60 apiece . I didn't need anymore primers. Sold the powder for $35 apeice . Sold the scope for $200. I made over $500 on stuff he gave me and kept a lot of it. Was my lucky 3 days helping him .

Retumbo , H1000, H4831, H4350, Varget, etc. here is only $43.95 at two stores and primers $6.95 to $8.95. At Rocky Mtn. Discount Sports it's $54.99 and primers $10.99 per 100.
Hornady bullets everywhere. They are the cheapest compared to Berger , Nosler and Sierra.

Last edited: