Is Berger REALLY, making more bullets than ever? I laughed when the rep said that.

@Blkrflguy, to answer your thread question, yes I believe Berger is trying to make more bullets than ever. I stopped by at Scheel's and North 40 today and below is what they have on their shelves.

Scheel's

Scheels1.jpg
Scheels2.jpg
Scheels3.jpg

North 40

N40 1.jpg

N40 2.jpg
N40 3.jpg

N40 4.jpg

...that's more Bergers than I've ever seen on any shelf ever. There was a Sheel's built in yuppie-ville about an hour from here last year, I might need to go check it out.

Man our stores have next to nothing? And im not that far from the windy city

Even at the beginning of the shortage last year Sheels was already charging more. They have some items priced reasonably, but usually on the high side of MSRP in the ammo dept. Right now loaded pistol ammo is 50% higher than it "should be", but with the newly introduced inflationary trend, whala, the bump will probably be permanent! At all outlets!

What I noticed about their bullet supplies is that their stock was concentrated in calibers and weights; not a lot of variety but a decent quantity of what they did have.

I'm in Alaska and see Berger bullets on the shelves at fair prices @ Arctic Ammo, Sportsmans Warehouse & the 3 Bears stores ...

see a bunch of 6mm, 257, 7mm, 30 cal & 338 cal bullets coming & going & restocking on shelves ....

picked up 3 boxes of these early Dec, see more on the shelves again

AD4F8B1F-20F3-47D0-87EA-43C1C2EEF30A.jpeg

There is more demand than ever. The human population has increased significantly in this country compared to 20 years ago. The interest and participation in matches has increased exponentially in the past few years. So has the amount of matches. Then there is panic buying due to a democrat being in office and during the early stages of Covid. We have created our own problems. All of us that have been in this sport and hunting for decades have been afraid of hunting getting banned or our firearms getting banned so we all try and strengthen our sport. We pass it on to our kids, grandkids, friends, the public etc…The good thing is it does strengthen our community but it comes at a price. Higher demand. New gun owners is a good thing except they need ammo too. I used to be able to go to the range midweek and there would hardly be anyone else there. For the past five or so years, I couldn't go anytime without it being an all out zoo.

Prices. Everything has gone up. Fuel, food, other basic necessities of life. Shipping, building materials, insurance. You name it. Inflation is hurting us bad. As a business owner, I do best with these two things in mind: 1: if I'm in too much demand, I'm doing it too cheap. 2: get and stay ahead of curves, including inflation. my rates are going up and up. Not because I'm greedy but because it's the only way I can sustain business. My employees need more money to keep up with inflation. We burn A LOT of fuel, carry A LOT of insurance, rely on air cargo and other shipping services, buy large and small tools. I can't sustain business let alone grow and expand paying this much more for key expenses without an increase in my rates and material markups. The bullet manufacturers and distributors that have raised their prices will likely be the ones that have the best chance of surviving and expanding.

If you're not happy with raising supply prices, you won't be happy anywhere.

There is more demand than ever. The human population has increased significantly in this country compared to 20 years ago. The interest and participation in matches has increased exponentially in the past few years. So has the amount of matches. Then there is panic buying due to a democrat being in office and during the early stages of Covid. We have created our own problems. All of us that have been in this sport and hunting for decades have been afraid of hunting getting banned or our firearms getting banned so we all try and strengthen our sport. We pass it on to our kids, grandkids, friends, the public etc…The good thing is it does strengthen our community but it comes at a price. Higher demand. New gun owners is a good thing except they need ammo too. I used to be able to go to the range midweek and there would hardly be anyone else there. For the past five or so years, I couldn't go anytime without it being an all out zoo.

Prices. Everything has gone up. Fuel, food, other basic necessities of life. Shipping, building materials, insurance. You name it. Inflation is hurting us bad. As a business owner, I do best with these two things in mind: 1: if I'm in too much demand, I'm doing it too cheap. 2: get and stay ahead of curves, including inflation. my rates are going up and up. Not because I'm greedy but because it's the only way I can sustain business. My employees need more money to keep up with inflation. We burn A LOT of fuel, carry A LOT of insurance, rely on air cargo and other shipping services, buy large and small tools. I can't sustain business let alone grow and expand paying this much more for key expenses without an increase in my rates and material markups. The bullet manufacturers and distributors that have raised their prices will likely be the ones that have the best chance of surviving and expanding.

If you're not happy with raising supply prices, you won't be happy anywhere.
I have the same understanding and agree with all the great points you made. I've heard a few popular bullet manufacturers make the argument in response to people wanting them to build a new place for expanded operations say, well if we started building now the demand would be gone by the time we got he new facility up and running and/or, once the demand is gone, we're left with all this extra equipment and space that we aren't using.
While I understand and partly agree with that sentiment from manufacturers, I also believe given our current situation that this demand isn't going away for years. I was talking with a fellow reloader at the range last week. He was of the mind set that whenever he sees something on the shelf he needs he buys it all, or as much as he's allowed because he doesn't know when he'll have the opportunity to buy it again. I think given the circumstances we're in, most all of us seasoned people now have the same attitude. And I told him in a diplomatic way, if we all do that it just perpetuates this situation even longer. So therefore I believe manufacturers have to build more facilities to meet the demand for today, and the future!

Manufacturers need to build more facilities?…
This boom is over in 2 to 3 years…
And then what?
Are all of the wanna-be Yee Yee AR boys gonna carry the industry through to the next cycle?…
Not a chance.

How many of you guys remember reading or buying the "Shooter's Bible" back in the day?