Is a CCI Stinger necessary?

Best 22 hunting round on the market, bar none. I thought the thread, but if you want a quieter round go subsonic. I've dropped more coyotes with CCI Velocitors than one could imagine, however, I only take head, or neck shots, never lost one. I'm sighted in dead on at 100 yards.
Well, it looks like you can just hit 'em with a big rig and they come home with you and you don't have to look for them or even pick 'em up.

Tons of quiet fun! 60 grain subsonic rounds. Foot pounds of a regular LR 40 gr.

Just strap on a laser illuminator, low power scope, and muffler! I have a ruger 10/22

Those need a very fast twist barrel, an 8 I believe, to stabilize them that a typical .22 doesn't have, usually a 16 twist. If you shoot then in a 10/22 you will find they are VERY dirty and will not cycle after a few shots. I have an 8 twist Volquartsen dressed up with all the Kidd parts and it still clogs with powder. Even Kidd said they will jam a 10/22 so I built a Savage MK2 with an 8 twist barrel liner that works great but the 60 grain are round nose and just pencil threw so expect to do some tracking.
volq.jpg
voltt.jpg

Ruger 10/22 isn't a bung hole gun. at 50 yards you might get a 2 inch group with most any off the shelf. I bought a case of the 60 gr a dozen years ago and my friends and I have cleaned out lots of varmints of various kinds using different rifles and they always cycle.

The only crap rounds that I ever bought was some Russian sub sonic and lots of them didn't even fire and had very dirty powder. They were also 60 gr. full power loads, but ejection in a pistol was iffy

I got to play with all types of fun things while I was in the service. Like handed kilo blocks of plastic explosives or 1/2 pound blocks of TNT and evaluated as a team on who best destroyed what ever the object was at task. You got really good with different shape charges. Actual real claymores have a heck of a blast radius. They are lethal to something like 15 meters behind them.

It is actually pretty easy to make improvised raccoon getters

Winchester subsonic the ones made in Australia, will drop them like hot potato, if you can find them.
Yeah, I think you Yanks took all the manufacturing plant back home so they don't produce these in Australia now.
We liked the Power Point ammo made here. It hit hard and rabbits didn't kick.
We seem to be short on rabbits now too.
Winchester Power Point hit a little harder with a 40gn HP, that little more helped on cats and Foxes within range.

Have fun with your Fat Bandits, you lot have lots of fun stuff.

The Trailboss powder is made in Australia by Thales/ADI.

If Hogdon rebadge our AR2206H it can safely be used at 60% of max charge for reduced load in any cartridge that you can find appropriate load data for.

Best 22 hunting round on the market, bar none. I thought the thread, but if you want a quieter round go subsonic. I've dropped more coyotes with CCI Velocitors than one could imagine, however, I only take head, or neck shots, never lost one. I'm sighted in dead on at 100 yards.
So I've never messed around with a .22 much, but these times demand a paradigm shift and I'm in the process of setting one up. You say you're dead on at 100, where does that put your poi at 25 and 50? Assuming a typical 1.5" scope sight line above the bore.