If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?

I hear ya Joe, that's what I do with it. Reloading and building boats actually. Maybe it's my fairly several ADHD, but I get cabin fever in about a week :)

...and in all likelyhood I'll stay right where I am for another 15 years until I retire then I'll move somewhere warm with lots of water. ;)

...and in all likelyhood I'll stay right where I am for another 15 years until I retire then I'll move somewhere warm with lots of water. ;)

I have done that too. I recommend you try it for a while before you buy. The weekenders will soon be tiresome with their partying all night on the water. Good riddens to all the boats too. I one had 3 of them. A deck boat, a 38' Cigarette Top Gun and a 36' Skater with twin 1300's. Glad to have it all gone. BOAT, Break Out Another Thousand.

Man just thinking of all that makes me real glad to be where I am now.

Good luck brother.:)

Jeff

Early on you mentioned Texas....but you missed the best part of Texas...the Hill Country. That's where I'd be moving to. Get away from NY asap!

Been there. There ain't no hills in Texas. It's flat as a freakin pancake!
Loved the Oasis on Lake Travis tho.
Eastern Oregon, & Idaho border country gets my vote. I dream of moving back to Baker or Halfway, or Somewhere along the Snake River. Now those ARE hills, & ranch country to boot. Plenty of critters to hunt. Being in the uncrowned mountains with stars so bright & close you can almost reach up & grab one. That's livin. I miss it dearly.
I love Montana, Idaho, Wyoming too. But ya, winter is long & cold if you wanna live where your free.

This is a GREAT conversation!

Even though I don't live in any of the commie states, I have been thinking along these lines myself. My current line of work makes it so it doesn't really matter where I live. I'm divorced (or soon will be), so family considerations are out of the picture now.

For the first time since I graduated from high school, many moons ago, I am living in my home state of Nebraska. My ties here are diminishing by the year as family members pass on. My dad has had it with the winters and is making plans to spend his golden years in Central America, partly due to my corrupt influence.:D

Once he makes that move, I won't really have much reason to stay where I am. Back in the mid-90's I lived in Bozeman for a couple of years. Of all the places I have lived (and there have been a lot of those), Montana was far and away my favorite! I would go back in a heartbeat.

Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming would all be at the top of my list. Wyoming would probably get the nod, though, because it has no state income tax. Oregon would be a good option as well. There is a lot of beautiful country there. I would even consider the Rapid City area in South Dakota.

Originally from PA and always had Montana in my sights since I was a boy... and here I am, and here's where my ashes will be scattered. Lived in PA, TX, OH, CA, NY, IL, and ID and been in ALL the other states except AZ.

Idaho is a good place but you can keep the Nampa Valley. Lived in Mt Home at the AFB there. Montana just seemed to have a lot more access and opportunity for Hunting and fishing and a number of other outdoor activities I like, Wyoming seems like a great place and would rank a close second. IMO, they're a step up politically from MT. They stood up to the wolf people unlike MT and ID. A few too many liberals here from CA and other places spreading liberal influences.

Montana is a great plcae.